Manufacturer: Logan
Model No.: 922
Distance Between Centers: 36"
Swing: 11"
Thru Hole: 1.25" to 1.5" (as measured)
Tailstock Quill Travel: 2+"
Overall Length: 5'
Overall Width: 3'
Chuck Diameter: 6" 3-Jaw (currently on lathe)
Tooling - all tooling listed below is represented in the attached pictures:
....Misc. box(s) of centers, cutters, etc. (see pictures)
....Misc. drill bits, holders, etc. (see pictures)
....4" 3-Jaw Chuck
....8" 4-Jaw Chuck
....11" Faceplate
....8" Faceplate
....6" Faceplate
....6" End Plate
Condition: In good, operating condition

Equipment available for inspection.
Buyer responsible for freight logistics and expenses.
Seller agrees to load equipment on Buyer's truck.
I have the ability to deliver.

Contact MD Equipment Services LLC, 541-377-8197, [email protected], to schedule inspection, pickup, or purchase.

Buyer to verify all specifications and options of equipment prior to purchase.
The equipment is authentically represented.
The Seller disclaims any warranty, expressed or implied, of the year, model, hour reading, guarantee of merchantability or fitness of the equipment; the goods are sold in an "As Is, Where Is" condition.
The seller warrants that the goods are free and clear of all liens, indebtedness, or liabilities.

SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,808
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 893
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 857
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 665
  • T4.jpg
    T4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
What specifications do you want to know? I do not know the HP of the motor. What else would you like to know?

First off: A Logan 922, while it is an "ok" home / beater lathe, is NOT what anyone here would refer to as a "tool room lathe"

Secondly: New member with all of two posts, both posts selling is not appreciated and equals SPAM.

Suggest you read the forum rules in the stickies.

JR

I do not mean to anger anyone. I called PM and discussed my business and was told that I could post equipment for sale.

Second, yes, I read the stickies and have posted what I read below. I do not see where I am breaking the rules, unless of course, you consider this lathe a "hobby lathe." Yes, maybe so. It is definitely not a production type, big manufacturing lathe but, yes, I do consider it a small, tool room lathe. Regardless, semantics. I am open to hearing your definition of a "hobby lathe". It is not Chinese or knock off junk, as the sticky says not to post.

Thirdly, I thought this was the forum for "Commerce" which, by definition, means the place to buy, sell, trade, barter, etc. What is your definition of Commerce?

It also said to limit my posts to two (2) per day and put as many pieces as I want in each thread. I did limit my posts to only two; although, each post was for one machine only.

Please define for me so I can play within the rules. I am an equipment dealer and was hoping to use this forum as a posting site for small, miscellaneous, older equipment that is tough to sell on other industrial market sites geared more toward larger, new, more automated (CNC) equipment.

I am definitely anxious to hear how I broke the posted rules and posted SPAM. It is a machine that plugs into a power source; it is not a "part"; it is not Chinese; it is not a 3rd party auction; whether or not it is a "hobby" machine is debatable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section is for machinery. If it does not plug into a power source it is probably not a machine. If it is a part of a machine then it belongs in the parts forum below this one.

I am getting tired of moving posts to the parts forum for items like 4" lathe chucks and steady rests. So pay attention. If you do not see your post here check the other forum.

Links to third party industrial auctions are not allowed.

Please limit new for sale threads to two per day. Post as much as you want into each thread.

This forum is intended for active members. Some allowance is given for first time members but do not abuse the privelage.

PM me when you want an item you have started a thread about removed along with a link to it.

No hobby grade machines. Cheapest of the cheap chinese are not allowed

USE A DESCRIPTIVE TITLE

And be civil to eachother.

JR,

I also found this sticky (see below). I was not aware that my Logan Lathe fit into any of these categories. I know you find a Logan to be a "home, beater" lathe, at best; however, I have sold 3 of these machines to people who viewed them otherwise. I guess it could be considered an antique piece of equipment since it is 60 years old.

Regardless, if you have any suggestions on how I could post equipment on here that does not offend your sensibilities, I am open to listening. I also have newer, CNC lathes and mills that I could post for sale that you may approve of. However, I use other sites for this equipment because of its automation level and newer age.

Thank you.

1. Atlas
2. Craftsman, Dunlap
3. Any horizontal shapers (ok in Antique Machinery forum however)
4. Any Chinese or Taiwanese home shop grade machines
5. Unimat
6. Any antique machines or tools (ok in Antique Machinery forum however)
7. Taig, Sherline

Some more detail from the moderator from the same stickies:

"The rules are at the top of this page.

An active member is one that participates in other parts of the forum by contributing to discusions. Asking and answering questions, etc.

If all you do is post for sale items you will be quickly removed. I allow a few ads without participating, but there is a limit. And posting ads without pictures, prices, capacitys,and minimal descriptions doesnt help your cause. Frankly it makes you look incompetent."

So ,while you may slide by being a new user, you appear to be a machinery dealer and most likely wont participate otherwise in the forum. Most posts with for sale items are from shops getting rid of excess tooling / machines etc. not dealers. You also failed to list a price, which is required. So maybe you can add your price anyways. :popcorn:

JR

Edit: The lathe is fine to sell here and they are an "ok" home grade machine, in fact I have one at home and it's not great but it does what I need. That being said the description as a tool room lathe will make most members snicker. The disclaimers are a bit much too, this isn't a hobby forum or Ebay for that matter.

this lathe a "hobby lathe." Yes, maybe so.
What is your definition of Commerce?

+1 for it IS a hobby lathe. Most people here outside of the Antique or SB Forum would agree. Definition of commerce is irrelevant- you're either hawking your wares or defending them in every post you have- the spirit of the rule is intent.

Even more inexcusable is that you're making a customer reply to your ad for a price (a rule you ARE breaking).

I could discuss this all day and my interpretation of the rules and whether or not I am breaking the rules and being an inconsiderate spammer. However, I will take the high road and just say, OK. None of us have the time or inclination to participate in a non-value added discussion.

I will no longer post "hobby" equipment and will always list my price, an oversight on my part. Other than that, I have listed the specs, capacities, and posted pictures with my post. I am always thorough when listing my equipment.

I am asking $2,050 or OFFER for this machine, fob Seller's shop in Seattle, WA area. I may be willing to pay for the loading assuming my margin is enough.

Just a quick side bar. I have participated in this site in the past by asking questions and using this site as a research tool for older equipment when doing my due diligence. Regardless, I will not post any more equipment like my Logan.

Other than that, I wish to respect everybody's opinions and move forward. I like this site and wish to keep using it so I will try to adhere to everyone's sensibilities.

Thank you.

Feel free to visit my website, Used CNC Mills & Machining Centers, or call me at 541-377-8197, if you are looking for equipment or wish to sell something you own.

Sincerely,
MD Equipment Services LLC

I purchased the machine so, yes, I own it. However, if I take a lower price for it and my margin drops, then I may want money for loading it. If I get what I am asking, then I will load.

Bob, a lot of assumptions there bro. I purchased the machine so, yes, I own it.

I am open to offers if you think I am asking too much. I sold a South Bend that was older belt drive and had less tooling for around the same price. If I am going to load it for this price, then I need to subtract that cost from my sell price.

If I am going to load it for this price, then I need to subtract that cost from my sell price.

Any dealer with his salt that can't load a small lathe without 'enough margin' I have to question. But then maybe have to pay the guy down the block with a fork lift to do such loading.

I'm used to people who deal in 'heavy junk' being able to handle such 'heavy junk'. And I don't mean anything bad using that term - have to be capable in the business one is running.

Interesting business model. But then what do I know, I'm just a poor dumb duck farmer trying to eke out a living......

Dale

I know that you are trying to present proper appearance and propriety. However, when you come out of the gate stretching rules and intent of this forum its certainly bad form. When you back peddle on your offered deal because you might lose money on loading, then you come across like a greasy car salesman...and a third rate one at that! I imagine any member selling an item here whether they were making money or taking it on the chin would stand by their word, that's been my experience. It is a great site and a wealth of knowledge here so stick around.....Hodge

I am not a greasy car salesman. I am a legitimate dealer. Maybe you are misunderstanding my intent. I own this lathe. It is still located at the original owner's because that is more practical. Therefore, I need to rent a forklift to load it.

I have included the loading in my asking price, period. Nothing else. Nothing more. I am currently asking a little over $2K, including loading. After I subtract the expense for loading, my net profit is what I have sold similar machines for in the past. Sorry, I add the loading fee into my margin. If you do not agree with that, sorry. If you do not like me using the term "margin", then my apologies.

I will sell this machine for what the market will bear. If you want to make an offer, great. Otherwise, quite lambasting me for posting an ad no different than the other ads I see on this forum.

I am not a greasy car salesman. I am a legitimate dealer. Maybe you are misunderstanding my intent. I own this lathe. It is still located at the original owner's because that is more practical. Therefore, I need to rent a forklift to load it.

I have included the loading in my asking price, period. Nothing else. Nothing more. I am currently asking a little over $2K, including loading. After I subtract the expense for loading, my net profit is what I have sold similar machines for in the past. Sorry, I add the loading fee into my margin. If you do not agree with that, sorry. If you do not like me using the term "margin", then my apologies.

I will sell this machine for what the market will bear. If you want to make an offer, great. Otherwise, quite lambasting me for posting an ad no different than the other ads I see on this forum.

I have a newer version of that lathe and while it is very capable any kind of a serious cut will cause chatter.
As far as hobby definition it has no comparison to my huge DSG unit in the back shop.

Can't see why you would charge to load it tho I moved mine by myself w/ no forklift and it's an easy job for 2 guys.
I have a fork now and all my sales come with free loading on your vehicle

Fine, loading is included. Sorry I ever said anything about that. Delivery and loading is also included with my service. I am asking $2K for the lathe and the tooling. I have many more pictures for review.

The lathe is within 1/2 hour of Seattle, WA. I will load it for the buyer.

Make me an offer.

Back