What's new

Looking to buy 20+in lathe

austin136

Plastic
I’m looking for another lathe something with a
swing of 20-27
center to center 54-100
must have a taper attachment

I’ve mainly been looking at monarch and American pace maker but I would be open to other high quality lathes. I’ve got a 13x40 now and it’s just to small for some of my projects. I am located in Winchester Virginia and would be willing to drive in probably a 10 hour radius mabey further if the price is right. Please let me know if you have one or know someone who dose.

Thank you

Last edited:
I know you've probably already tried e-bay and craigs list, but thought I'd mention it. I've made several good purchases that way. good luck.

This machine is currently for sale just north of Syracuse NY. At 18 1/2" swing over the bed it's a touch smaller than your target but it is available (no taper attachment or steady rest). I seriously considered this machine for myself but the bed length takes up more space than i'm willing to allocate and as noted, no TA or steady. Based on looking at this machine, i found a Monarch 16 CY with two foot shorter bed with TA, steady and follow rest about four hours away and am now cleaning it up and doing a detailed assessment of condition.

I saw booth of those machine on Facebook. I’ve been checking Facebook and eBay for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Went to a big auction in northern pa a couple weeks ago that had serval machines that would be perfect and everything went for to much money lol. I used to buy a lot of stuff off of government liquidation but that site is dead now and I’ve never found what replaced it. This was in reply to marka I’m not Sure if I did that right or not.

I am betting you couldn't bother to read the rules about participating or taken a moment to think about how you will be perceived. Keep going though. And you will be banned.

I actually did read them. I don't see what I did wrong at all. Just trying to connect people who are looking for machines with machines...

I actually did read them. I don't see what I did wrong at all. Just trying to connect people who are looking for machines with machines...

An active member is one that participates in other parts of the forum by contributing to discusions. Asking and answering questions, etc.

If all you do is post for sale items you will be quickly removed. I allow a few ads without participating, but there is a limit. And posting ads without pictures, prices, capacitys,and minimal descriptions doesnt help your cause. Frankly it makes you look incompetant.

From for sale sticky:

"5. All are welcome. But this is a free service. You are expected to pay by participating in other areas of the site. If you are simply here to sell you are not welcome. And saying that "I am trying to help people" will get you booted. That is the #1 response of the type A salesmen that end up being banned. You are here to help yourself. Some leeway will be given to first time posters. But not much."

I say ban the spammer now. He says he read rules yet refuses to do anything other than add spam to necro-posts

So I purchased a monarch 61 series 20x72 today. It needs a little work a good cleaning and replace a fee broken handles.

Need a steady rest if anyone has one to sell.

Back