What's new
What's new

Looking for recommendations for selling less common machining equipment

Technical Ted

Cast Iron
I retired from a shop that rebuilt locomotives and their engines. They don't rebuild the engines anymore and they asked me to help them sell some equipment that has been sitting idle for a few years now. It's not your typical machine shop equipment. I'm looking for recommended brokers, re-sellers and/or web sites/services to sell these. Please reply with any suggestions you might have. We are located in western NY state, south of Rochester/Buffalo.

Here's some of the items:

* Very large Lucas CNC floor mill
* Large K&T horizontal mill
* 9000 HP water brake dynamometer
* Large bore 8-9" line bore setup (bars, bearings, heads and cutters)
* Faro measuring arm

I'd really hate to see this equipment go to the graveyard so any recommended brokers, etc. would be appreciated!

Thank you,
TedIMG_0174.jpgIMG_0191.jpgIMG_0192.jpgIMG_0220.jpgIMG_0232.jpg

I retired from a shop that rebuilt locomotives and their engines. They don't rebuild the engines anymore and they asked me to help them sell some equipment that has been sitting idle for a few years now. It's not your typical machine shop equipment. I'm looking for recommended brokers, re-sellers and/or web sites/services to sell these. Please reply with any suggestions you might have. We are located in western NY state, south of Rochester/Buffalo.

* Faro measuring arm

I'd really hate to see this equipment go to the graveyard so any recommended brokers, etc. would be appreciated!

Thank you,
TedView attachment 335160View attachment 335161View attachment 335162View attachment 335163View attachment 335164

John Brand at Mckean Machinery.

call him.

I'll wager he's been in that facility before.

Thanks, called him and he seemed interested. Still looking for other brokers if someone has a suggestion.

Thanks,
Ted

Ebay?

That Dyno is neat. I have a 1000HP waterbrake dyno and it weighs about 80 pounds. That thing's a monster.

The old Erie shops are now owned and operated by Alstom. They deal in transit cars. We are actually storing several wheel sets and trucks for them at our facility.

Ted

* Faro measuring arm

Thank you,
TedView attachment 335160View attachment 335161View attachment 335162View attachment 335163View attachment 335164

Good morning, the line boring equipment I would be interested in buying.
If you can put a price on it and a price to pallet and box .
You can email me directly
[email protected]
Thanks

Is the KT mill still under power and functional . Would pay decent money for it but it’s always the shipping that drives something like that up . If a machine dealer gets it I’m sure it will be way up there . Would make a good mini horizontal boring mill for me .

Selling something fast and at top dollar don’t always go hand in hand. If he’s willing to scrap … sounds like fast might be the priority?

LOK at what HGR sells HBM for (price wise and condition) and then look at Mckean machinery.

Either way, it will get sold quickly TO HGR or McKean, they don't "broker" machines.

Back