What's new
What's new

Machine Shop Liquidation

Livesoundga

Plastic
I am new here, but signed up to help my family sell my grandfathers shop tools. Below is a list of tools from the initial purchase in 2006. There is no guarantee that the accessories such as numbers of extra blades and grinding disks is still accurate. But it’s very close. These are located in Iuka MS in northern Mississippi. We have 90 to sell these. Any offers will be considered. We are hoping to sell as a package for $20,000, please tell me if this is unreasonable. Email me at [email protected] or call/text 706-265-5183.

1) Sharp Vertical Mill 9 x 42 Mitutoyo readouts 6" Kurt vise that opens to 8" 2 -set of hold downs 1 set of RB collets with holder Bridgeport boring head/boring bars 2" insert face cutter Jacobs drill chuck 10" rotary table/3 jaw chuck

2) Tooling cabinet for mill

3) Clausing 20" drill press varible speed 150-2000 6" quick set drill vise Jacobs drill chuck 0-3/4

4) Numbers/Fractions/Letters set of drills (Greenfield) 0-1/2

5) Precision set of drills 1/2-1 1· -1 1/2" set

6) Leblond Lathe 17 X 54 45-1800 RPM 3"jawchuck ..,. 4 jaw chuck l 2 Faceplates 10/15 Jacobs collet chuck/collets 0-1 3/8 Centers with drive plate/drive dog set

7) Haro 0.0./ Tooling grinder 10 X 24 SC collet attachment 4 jaw chuck Centers with drive plate 6 wheel arbors Assortment of new wheels

8) Brown & Sharpe Surface grinder 6 X 18 2 axis Hyd. feed Radius dresser Hardinge Indexer 5C 5C collet set 3" grinding vise 3" V-block Assortment of wheels

9) Enclosed cabinet 10) 18 X 24 Granite layout table

11) Height gage

12) Rockwell hardness tester

13) 10 ton Hyd. Press

14) Keyway cutter set '

15) Hyd. lift table 2000 lb. cap.

17) Carbide tool pedestal grinder/ 3 new diamond wheels

18) Wilton belt sander 6 X 48/10 new belts

19) Rollin Saw/6 new Starret blades

20) Steel rack/toolsteel&shaft stock

21) Oxy.&Accl. torch set complete with cart

22) Lincoln 225 welder complete with table and vise

23) Perishable tooling with cabinet/new endmills 3/16 • 3/4, taps 10-32 -3/4

24) 3 shop tables

25) 3 HP. phase converter

26) Cabinet Style Sand Blaster

I for one would like to see pictures of the Brown & Sharpe surface grinder. It would have to be crated and shipped by truck if you're up for that. I've done that, it's not hard. You just start with a pallet, bolt down the machine, and start adding plywood.

metalmagpie

Did y'all miss this?
"We are hoping to sell as a package for $20,000"
That's a big package, and no information on condition of machines. That's not real far from me, but I don't want to go into the machinery moving/storage/brokering business.

The shop is located in Iuka Mississippi. We are willing to sell individuals, but you must be able to remove from the site yourself or arange ahead of time. There is a Yale forklift on site, but it's limit is 3000 pounds. The floors are smooth cement and no tool is more than 40' from a bay door. No docks on site.

All photos are included here: Adobe Creative Cloud

Mill and Accessories - $9000
Band Saw - $1800
Leblonde Lathe and Accessories - $6000
HARO Grinder - $4000
Brown & Sharpe Grinder - $9500
Hardness Tester - $2000
Sanblast Cabinet - $500
Drill Press - 1200

I for one would like to see pictures of the Brown & Sharpe surface grinder. It would have to be crated and shipped by truck if you're up for that. I've done that, it's not hard. You just start with a pallet, bolt down the machine, and start adding plywood.

metalmagpie

Call me if you are serious, thanks :)

The shop is located in Iuka Mississippi. We are willing to sell individuals, but you must be able to remove from the site yourself or arange ahead of time. There is a Yale forklift on site, but it's limit is 3000 pounds. The floors are smooth cement and no tool is more than 40' from a bay door. No docks on site.

Band Saw - $1800
HARO Grinder - $4000
Hardness Tester - $2000
Sanblast Cabinet - $500
Drill Press - 1200

Your first post is $20,000 for everything, now priced individually you want $34,000 ..................lol:nutter:

Looks to me like your prices are like 3x what market value is.

Have you considered having an auction house to come in and sell everything?

Band Saw - $1800
HARO Grinder - $4000
Hardness Tester - $2000
Sanblast Cabinet - $500
Drill Press - 1200

I looked at your pictures, congratulations on the cleaning. You need to do more market research. When you look at ebay, only look at the sold listings. Most machine shop items on the 'bay are priced at least twice where they will sell, and a few have an extra digit in the price. Serial numbers are important on many of the items. You need to list them.

What is the value of the building after it is emptied? Are you selling so it doesn't get stolen, or so you can sell the building? If there is a value in emptying the building for sale, make sure you factor in the value of getting the building sold and the usage of the cash you will receive.

Here I modified your price list to what I feel would be more reasonable prices in my area. These are for items in good condition, with no unusable features, available for inspection, under power when appropriate.

Mill and Accessories - $4000. You need to place and photograph every thing you consider accessories with the mill.
Band Saw - $1200
Leblonde Lathe and Accessories - $4000 You need to place and photograph every thing you consider accessories with the lathe.
HARO Grinder - $200
Brown & Sharpe Grinder - $2000
Hardness Tester - $200
Sanblast Cabinet - $500
Drill Press - $600

Another thing to understand, the tools are manual tools and the market is limited. Today not many people can run them without hurting themselves. Most of today's "machinists" will freak out when they can't find the green go button.

Used CNC machines are flooding the market and depressing the value of manual machines even further. I recently bought a mill, simulure in function to the one your selling, for 3,000.00. Only difference was it was in a enclosure, had a tool changer, flood coolant and a computer to turn the wheels while I was off doing something else.

From a buyer's perspective I love when tooling comes with a machine and it's hard for me to even think about a machine with no tooling.

From a seller's perspective you make more money selling the tooling on ebay and letting the machines go cheap. Of course this is a heck of a lot more work for you and there is no guarantee that you would come out ahead.

Gbent's price list is reasonable.

Good Luck with your sale and thanks for helping out your Grandfather!

I looked at your pictures, congratulations on the cleaning. You need to do more market research. When you look at ebay, only look at the sold listings. Most machine shop items on the 'bay are priced at least twice where they will sell, and a few have an extra digit in the price. Serial numbers are important on many of the items. You need to list them.

What is the value of the building after it is emptied? Are you selling so it doesn't get stolen, or so you can sell the building? If there is a value in emptying the building for sale, make sure you factor in the value of getting the building sold and the usage of the cash you will receive.

I looked for the serial numbers on the machines, but didnt have enough time to find them on the majority. Thanks for letting me know your opinion on what they are worth. As far as logistics of the sale, theres a reason I didn't go into details of that before. All I can say is we now have 85 days to remove the machines from the building, and that's just half of the items in the shop. I am aware that the market leans heavily in favor of CNC, I took 2 years of MTT in high school in the late 90's and most of what we learned was manual tool opperation. We will be getting a quote from a broker to buy the lot this week. That will give us a better idea of the bottom dollar cost.

Thanks everyone for your interest and suggestions. I was able to find a local buyer via Facebook Marketplace and sold it all together for $15,000.

Back