What's new
What's new

Machinery for Sale or Wanted

MachineryDealer

Plastic
This is one of the rudest , most obnoxious sites I've been on. The Egos are incredible and obviously there are a lot of unhappy people on here taking out their aggression on new members like myself that is just trying to make a living and get out there. I will share my experience with everyone I meet and I am a very well respected person with those who know me. I will not be reading your negative , rude comments...so keep them to yourself. I expect the crazy moderator will remove this post and my others (hopefully)
This is one headache I don't need...Thank you all for showing your ignorance and putting your hostility on display.
---I will not be responding or participating anymore....you're welcome!

It's amusing how many of the self-entitled asswipes who come here JUST to sell their wares walk away in a huff with this sort of missive.

Here's a hint, Sonny Boy - you're the rude dude, and you will not be missed. No substance, all demands, and a child's self-centeredness. It's awful that you won't be back, but please keep that promise.

Really.

I suggest a change in posting rules.

Anyone is free to post for sale items at no charge, however if the sole purpose is to sell, then the poster must agree to accept the highest bid with no reserve.

Anyone care to comment?

Tom

Heck, Ice hockey players are some big and tuff guys. They play by the rules. And if they don't, well, it's called "self enforcing". Teeth get broken and bruises show up.

Heck, Ice hockey players are some big and tuff guys. They play by the rules. And if they don't, well, it's called "self enforcing". Teeth get broken and bruises show up.

HaHa! Don't play hockey but I'll admit there have been a time or two I've wished that I was in arms reach of someone here.

This place is a church sunday nursery compared to other sites/groups on the internet.

I don't know what happened that got your panties all bunched up but you haven't been long enough really for anyone to get on you yet.

Brent

Weird. I thought that the rules were pretty clear when I signed up for this site. I found this place to be pretty up front about the fact that they want people to participate.... I mean, seriously, it isn't that hard. I don't have much to add to this site but I have still found a way to participate in a meaningful way (I hope).

Anyone check out this guy's shop? Waayy too small for all the stuff listed. Driveway doesn't look suitable for a large 18 wheeler. Looks like he is just trying camp onto someone else's for sales ads. I think they are called parasites.

Tom

Anyone check out this guy's shop? Waayy too small for all the stuff listed. Driveway doesn't look suitable for a large 18 wheeler. Looks like he is just trying camp onto someone else's for sales ads. I think they are called parasites.

Tom

I'm guessing this is the same place, not sure if the recent poster is original owner, the helper, or a new owner?
Visit with old time machinery dealer (photos)

Come on folks move along nothing to see here, just another drive by. We have seen this play out time and time again, a "computer literate" guy enters the realm of an old time machinery nee junk dealer with no clue of the machinery or industry. They have been spoon feed the old mans "insight and values" They have no zero knowledge of machinery or manufacturing in the present or past for that matter. When the sum total of an ad shows the back of a machine and gives no relevant info you know the seller is clueless.

The odd thing is these guys get defensive when their faults are brought out. They are as shallow as used cars salesmen without the nuance. How in the world could some young guy who has at least heard terms like CNC, and Billet and such even thing these old rusting hulks have the value they attach to them. Is it like the guy who finds grampa's 74 Buick and think it is a Dusenberg ? Cable TV with all the shows about "pickers" and barn finds etc have corrupted the minds of people. We are destined to have some new fool stumble in and create a ruckus every now and then. It is more amusing when they are a bit more diplomatic and less verbose at least to start.

I recon it may be another 15 years before we hear of all the great deals at Bibb Machinery Sales.

Steve

This is one of the rudest, most obnoxious sites I've been on. The Egos........aggression on new members like myself that is just trying to make a living and get out there.

Well, you've got it backward, in perspective and in practice.
Get out there first; then work at making a living.
And not participating makes "not reading your negative, rude comments" automatic. See Ya!

Imagine that; an overly sensitive machinery dealer. Could this be another symptom of digitization and human contact becoming another unfamiliar aspect of business? Oh, they can fake a handshake and go on about financing till coolant goes rancid.
Wish I had a dime, every time I'd enter a modern dealer with no clue about real machine tools. They've got zero depth of knowledge past their brochures.
Remember Quint meeting Hooper in 'Jaws'? "...show me yer hands". Impact of hits me same now as 1975.

Yeah there are some monumental egos here; many earned it on the shop floor. The old iron guys were NEVER fluffy. I guess pulling handles and spinning wheels did us more good than we knew.
[here, a good dissertation on theory vs. implementation] What Jaws taught me about Information Technology | DiscoPosse.com
And handshakes? Epic bit of google auto-fill. Just start typing- even a dog can and click on the man named Warren.
Sometimes I post full links, appreciating how a reference emphasizes a comment. Others, I point the direction, which increases the power.
RIP Warren

4ef91294e22d5f56649fababaa7bb3af.jpg

Back