What's new
What's new

Maho MH400 for sale

group 5

Aluminum
Excellent machine. Rapids on all axes, power drawbar, Heidenhain DRO. A lot of Cat40 tool holders. Looking for $10,500. Please, no "low-ball" offers.
I've been trying for two days to post a picture with no luck. Email me with questions and for pictures. [email protected]

Here is a picture of the Maho MH400 that group 5 has for sale.

Plus a vote for him- he's a great guy to deal with.

Unfortunately, the photo appears tiny when uploaded...

IMG_0678.jpg

The Maho does have a horizontal quill. You can see the star-wheel in the photo, barely. Not quite sure of the age, I've looked everywhere. I'm thinking mid 80's. Anyone interested is welcome to come by, or send a friend over, or I can send a decent email photo.

Positive, the star-wheel is for the quill. The machine has power drawbars for horizontal and vertical. I've owned the machine for about 20 years in my one man shop.

A couple of PM members have been kind enough to take pity on me and help me post photos. I will get a photo of the horizontal spindle this afternoon. Any chance I could email it to you? My email is; [email protected]

Don had one of these for a while - if you search in the archives here you'll find a number of pics of this machine, here are a few:

1994 Maho MH400M photos

Offcially this is a Maho MH400 M where the M = manual

Below is a quote from Don about his machine (same as for sale here):

"T, did you see any late manual Maho mills for sale in your tour ? I had what was probably the newest manual Maho in this country years ago and noticed that the only one like it on German eBay they were asking the equivalent of over $40,000 for. Mine was a little newer and nicer and after two years of ads for it, I ended up selling it in the $11,000 range.... to a German for his winter home hobby shop in Florida ! Wish I had kept it now. In fact tried to buy it back about six months ago but he had already sold it to someone else ! (and he ignored my request, as to who exactly that was... what the heck, they might want to sell it by now !)

It was a wonderful machine...better than a late Deckel in that size in that it had hydraulic drawbar and infinitely variable speeds on spindle via variator (as well as feed of course via DC drive) Only downside is the engagement of axis power feeds just didn't "feel" as nice as a Deckel since you engage feeds by turning a knob on the control. The long steel transmission bar on a Deckel just has a more proper feel to it than turning a small plastic knob. Silly really, since the end result is the same...but these little details do matter to some of us."

Back