What's new
What's new

Marvel 8 Bandsaw $1500 Pizzaborg craiglist.

Bet this open wheel design made life more exciting back then when a blade snaps!

I'm guessing that shop isn't exactly OSHA compliant ; ).
920d340046694c07fcaf58c1b392eae9.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

That's actually a super handy saw, anyone making fun of it obviously has never used a roll-in saw.

Now that said, I'd give $150 for it :crazy:

Bet this open wheel design made life more exciting back then when a blade snaps!

I'm guessing that shop isn't exactly OSHA compliant ; ).
920d340046694c07fcaf58c1b392eae9.jpg

Fuck OSHA, doesn't apply if you don't hire any employees.

Wow. Who knew how incendiary one simple comment could be. Break out the popcorn!

A plasma cutter isn't "incendiary" sir. the air flow tends to blow out any flammables....:D

BTW I think the proper guarding is already in place, the door swing open from the other side.

Don't recall which side the door opens from. Last time I changed a blade on one was 2005, it was a value-sized PITA and further endeared my relationship with it. Matter of fact I felt somewhat protective of it when some mouth breather wanted to use it. I did/do still like using them when the blade is in good shape.

Sheet metal and plasma cutter optional for the faint of heart.

Popcorn available in the lobby.

A broken band saw blade pops and stops....nothing dramatic.

I had an employee who thought it must stay attached to the drive wheel and cut yer head off.

There was/is a reasonably clean one for sale on Boston's CL -- for only $8500! Two months ago, I called the guy and asked if he was off his medications. Odd that I didn't get an answer. The ad has since disappeared but I can't imagine he sold it at that price.

I struck up a convo with some dealer at Eastec last year, selling new horizontals. I commented on the design of the new saw. Then the Marvel verticals were mentioned, and he said he buys used ones for $3-4 grand, "rebuilds" them (as I suspected, when pressed he pretty much meant a "Pittsburgh overhaul" ie, clean up and slather paint, minimally fix blatant issues). And then he sells them for "around $8500". THEN, he tried to sell me one. Even after I said I do the cleaning and "fix up" myself, and I'd not be interested in anything other than a low cost deal on one. Then he asked me why we're having this conversation. I said "I dunno, I'm just looking at the new shiny horizontal, and not interested in any lame sales pitch". He walked away.....lol He seemed to have mostly his interests in mind, ya think? Just the kinda guy I'm not gonna hand money to.

:rolleyes5:

I have one of about the same vintage. I bought it a few years ago at the retirement auction of Industrial Machinery in Columbus, Ohio. His price, which was still on the machine, was about $3500. IIRC I paid about $200 for it and it was in about the same condition as the one in the CL ad.

Back