What's new
What's new

Milwaukee / Kearney & Trecker rotary head mill mdl D for sale

rmtool

Plastic
Nice condition Milwaukee model D rotary head mill. power feed in X axis plus rotary and down feed. Currently wired high voltage (460) uses B3 collets 1/2" max capacity. comes with 9 collets. Weighs about 5000 lbs. Runs smooth and quiet. The ways looks very good and very large in surface area.. This is a very unique machine and needs a good home. $4500 We can load call or email any questions 831 458 9181 [email protected] Located in Santa Cruz Ca

Attachments

• DSCN9538.jpg
    DSCN9538.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCN9535.jpg
    DSCN9535.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN9532.jpg
    DSCN9532.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 249
Yeah, given that I bought one about 20 years ago for a grand from a dealer in Houston. Had everything but the cherrying head(which I would like to have).

Yeah, given that I bought one about 20 years ago for a grand from a dealer in Houston. Had everything but the cherrying head(which I would like to have).

I paid $2k for mine but it came with readouts, cherrying attachment, 90* head, power knee, set of #30 collets & 2 sets of #20 collets. It’s paid for itself 3x over and saved my ass countless times over the last 5yrs.

I don't think Bob is as far off as you all are trying to make it. Around here a Rong-Fu mill drill is $1500 so you aren't getting anything better than a drill press for $500. Beat up Bridgeports are $2k and up.

I was over there and looked at the machine. The ways look like you would expect from a specialty use machine which is to say like new. I don't think it has any of those special accessories but then again I didn't look. Did look nice though.

Bob is a machinist and a dealer so he's not trying to dealer scam anyone but you don't see Midwest prices in this area.

Although that being said I admit I have NEVER seen the prices most people here allege to have gotten machines and tooling for so...:rolleyes5:

I don't think Bob is as far off as you all are trying to make it. Around here a Rong-Fu mill drill is $1500 so you aren't getting anything better than a drill press for $500. Beat up Bridgeports are $2k and up.

I was over there and looked at the machine. The ways look like you would expect from a specialty use machine which is to say like new. I don't think it has any of those special accessories but then again I didn't look. Did look nice though.

Bob is a machinist and a dealer so he's not trying to dealer scam anyone but you don't see Midwest prices in this area.

Although that being said I admit I have NEVER seen the prices most people here allege to have gotten machines and tooling for so...:rolleyes5:

HGR has these from time to time for $1500.
So when you visited the OP did you encourage them to start spamming here ?

HGR has these from time to time for $1500.
So when you visited the OP did you encourage them to start spamming here ?

When HGR is local and not 2,500 miles away I am sure everyone in this area will adjust their prices accordingly. Until then the market is what it is.

My guess would be given the specialty nature of the machine he figured he would see if people who could legitimately be called "machining enthusiasts" might be interested. eBay is always such a crapshoot.

To forestall debate on that title let me say I know hundreds of professional machinists and only about ten ever come on this website. The people who do are making a living at it but are vastly more "enthusiasts" than regular machinists are.

I would not consider one post spamming either. He has been a machinist for nearly 50 years and has been one of the great resources I have found to me and other people in this area. Far beyond just sales. He is an honest good person to deal with.

I am also more than sure he will adjust the price to whatever seems to fit the interest. In this area it's right, but obviously to people in completely different markets not so much. Sorry I can't join the pile on of one of the very few good, honest machinery dealers there are around anymore.

EDIT: I would never have suggested he post it here. The PM magic pricing has been a source of great amusement in this area for years. My guess is that times are tight and local mom and pop places are getting squeezed by the virus.

When HGR is local and not 2,500 miles away I am sure everyone in this area will adjust their prices accordingly. Until then the market is what it is.

My guess would be given the specialty nature of the machine he figured he would see if people who could legitimately be called "machining enthusiasts" might be interested. eBay is always such a crapshoot.

To forestall debate on that title let me say I know hundreds of professional machinists and only about ten ever come on this website. The people who do are making a living at it but are vastly more "enthusiasts" than regular machinists are.

I would not consider one post spamming either. He has been a machinist for nearly 50 years and has been one of the great resources I have found to me and other people in this area. Far beyond just sales. He is an honest good person to deal with.

I am also more than sure he will adjust the price to whatever seems to fit the interest. In this area it's right, but obviously to people in completely different markets not so much. Sorry I can't join the pile on of one of the very few good, honest machinery dealers there are around anymore.

EDIT: I would never have suggested he post it here. The PM magic pricing has been a source of great amusement in this area for years. My guess is that times are tight and local mom and pop places are getting squeezed by the virus.

Seem to be defending the little spammer.

and yes, the OP is a spammer.

Seem to be defending the little spammer.

and yes, the OP is a spammer.
Explain how? He has two posts, one selling, one asking for information on an unrelated item. Seems like fairly standard behavior for a lot of members who don't post often. Not everyone spends as much time here as you do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Spammer? Because you don’t like his price?

Every time I post a WTB ad someone tells me to contact him, he’s a well respected dealer around here.

Maybe his price is high, but there’s a lot of money in this area, I think he’ll find a buyer.

Spammer? Because you don’t like his price?

Every time I post a WTB ad someone tells me to contact him, he’s a well respected dealer around here.

Maybe his price is high, but there’s a lot of money in this area, I think he’ll find a buyer.

There might be a lot of money in his area but the people with it aren't spending it on seventy year old manual machines.

Like most used machinery dealers he's waiting for the elusive "live one"

Like most used machinery dealers he's waiting for the elusive "live one"
No, Bob Rowe is okay. And Digger is way out of line on this one. You're getting carried away, Dig. Bob has had a real place with real stuff for what, forty years or more ? and he's not like a lot of other dealers in the area who have ghastly reputations. He's okay.

If you think 5 is high then fine, don't buy it. I probably wouldn't either. But I'd go three ... if'n I wuz thirty years younger :)

If you stomp on real, decent people then pretty soon you're not going to have any options at all.

No, Bob Rowe is okay. And Digger is way out of line on this one. You're getting carried away, Dig. Bob has had a real place with real stuff for what, forty years or more ? and he's not like a lot of other dealers in the area who have ghastly reputations. He's okay.

If you think 5 is high then fine, don't buy it. I probably wouldn't either. But I'd go three ... if'n I wuz thirty years younger :)

If you stomp on real, decent people then pretty soon you're not going to have any options at all.

This Bob Rowe being a used machinery dealer is not okay. He knows perfectly well that this machine is worthless. He came on here to spam it hoping that he could find some harry home shop that doesn't know any better fall for it and pay close to his price that he would come down a little bit just because he liked the buyer. As for stomping on real decent people thats what used machinery dealers do for fun, then laugh about them behind their back.

If you honestly think that this machine is worth three grand, you don't know what your talking about. And saying you would buy it you were thirty years younger is almost as lame an excuse as having to say you have to ask wifey and will get back with the seller.

You're just plain wrong EG. He's not following the rules. Is he your brother or what? :skep:

You're just out trolling again.

The rules are at the top of this page.

An active member is one that participates in other parts of the forum by contributing to discusions. Asking and answering questions, etc.

If all you do is post for sale items you will be quickly removed. I allow a few ads without participating, but there is a limit. And posting ads without pictures, prices, capacitys,and minimal descriptions doesnt help your cause. Frankly it makes you look incompetant.

OP has two posts, one for sale, one participatory. Not a violation. I'd imagine that the moderator would speak up if it was.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back