What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi FA10 Wire EDM For Sale

whamac

Aluminum
Due to lack of work for too long now, I've decided to part with my 2003 Mitsubishi FA10 wire EDM.
Bought new by me and used in my one-man shop, it only has 9600 hours on it; it's been well-maintained and cared for, and is under power, available any time for test cuts.

Naturally, I have all maintenance records and manuals.

I have some 3R tooling that I'll sell with it, if interested. Leveling head, Ruler, two-piece vise and a couple of dovetail rails. I haven't included the price of those items in the machine price.
I also have a DOS version of Esprit that I bought in 1996 when I purchased my first Mitsubishi FX10 machine. Works just fine, I've never seen the need for a Windows version.

I'm in Freeport IL, northwest part of the state.

Looking to get $45K for the machine; tooling and software price is negotiable.

815 233-9870
[email protected]

Attachments

• Mits 4.jpg
    Mits 4.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Mits 6.jpg
    Mits 6.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Mits 5.jpg
    Mits 5.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Mits 3.jpg
    Mits 3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Mits 1.jpg
    Mits 1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 164
No help here but a tickle of nostalgia.

We bought our first NC machine in the 80's, a Mitsubishi wire for the toolroom and the Elan system to program and punch tape for it. At that time the program had been developed at a French university and the prime grad student was starting a commercial company to sell in the US as I understood it.

We were trained by a couple French guys and I learned a lot from Daniel. Not just how to create geometry and toolpaths, but how to get people on their feet in a learning situation. After instruction, of course we each had to take a turn and do some exercise part. I realized, watching, that a guy would make a tentative choice and then look over at the instructor for a little feedback on whether he was going in the right direction. This was where Daniel would now not be looking at the student, but up at a corner of the ceiling. The guys HAD to go ahead and see if it was going to work out without constant hints.

I think the two guys later bought out the program, did some more development and it evolved into Esprit. I didn't have any subsequent contact and our company got into a different system when we got the first NC machining center but I always remembered them and wished them well.

No help here but a tickle of nostalgia.

We bought our first NC machine in the 80's, a Mitsubishi wire for the toolroom and the Elan system to program and punch tape for it. At that time the program had been developed at a French university and the prime grad student was starting a commercial company to sell in the US as I understood it.

We were trained by a couple French guys and I learned a lot from Daniel. Not just how to create geometry and toolpaths, but how to get people on their feet in a learning situation. After instruction, of course we each had to take a turn and do some exercise part. I realized, watching, that a guy would make a tentative choice and then look over at the instructor for a little feedback on whether he was going in the right direction. This was where Daniel would now not be looking at the student, but up at a corner of the ceiling. The guys HAD to go ahead and see if it was going to work out without constant hints.

I think the two guys later bought out the program, did some more development and it evolved into Esprit. I didn't have any subsequent contact and our company got into a different system when we got the first NC machining center but I always remembered them and wished them well.

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Back