What's new
What's new

Monarch 16CW Engine Lathe

ryanlathe

Plastic
We are trying to liquidate an engine lathe and need to get rid of it in fairly short order. We are a law firm liquidating a decedent's estate, so I unfortunately have zero information about this Monarch, but I hate to see a perfectly good lathe get tossed in the scrap bin or left to rust, so I thought we would post it up here. I will only be able to respond to messages for about a week or two. The property where the lathe is located has been sold, and we have a closing pending. Lathe is located in Rockford, Michigan. It was reportedly used to make parts at one point for pulling tractors, but I cannot confirm that, and the lathe is not currently connected to power. The owner does not appear to have used it for quite a few years. It has been stored inside, but there is some surface rust due to non-use.

A link to my Craigslist ad is here:

Monarch Engine Lathe 16CW - tools - by owner - sale

Will try to post some better pictures when I have them. The best way to reach me is the contact information in the ad post.

==============Ad text: ==============

ESTATE LIQUIDATION: Monarch 16CW engine lathe for sale. 18.5" Swing, 30" centers. Built in 1940.

We are liquidating an estate and have no other information about the equipment. Lathe is sold AS IS WHERE IS. Working condition is unknown. You are responsible for arranging removal. A Cervini milling machine of similar vintage is also for sale. Ask for Ryan.

If you have more pictures of the rest of the lathe and also any additional tooling that should be with it (chucks, steady rest, tool holders, cutters, taper shank drill bits, etc) The accessories can make the sale so as much of that as possible should be kept with it. Same for the mill, tooling and accessories will help the sale.
Also leave it hooked up to power as long as possible.

Back