15" faceplate
8" blank chuck adapter
1" shank tool holder block
Lantern style tool post and several tool holders, knurling tool, cutoff blade
2x boring bar tool blocks
Live center, drill chuck, misc centers
6" steady rest
15hp rotary phase converter

Machine is in excellent condition, I got it out of a tech school where it was the big lathe in the back the basically only the teacher used occasionally (I know as it was there when I was in the school). When I got it I tore it apart and fixed the oil pumps in both the headstock and apron, and put new oil meters in apron.

Asking price $5400. loaded on your flatbed trailer. Willing to sell phase converter separately make offer.

Wish I could keep it, but just dont have the floor space. Can be inspected under power.

Located in Milladore, WI 54454

View attachment 269445
View attachment 269446
View attachment 269447
View attachment 269448
View attachment 269449

That's a nice lathe, and a good price, especially with loading on a trailer. Somebody is gonna get a great lathe. Love my Monarch.

I've had people on both coasts say they really would like to buy this but too far to truck it. Does no one in the Midwest need a nice Monarch lathe?

Wish my shop was ready for machinery. Still putting the ceiling in. no room. bump

Looks like the Monarch is Sold.

Brandon I wish the timing would of worked out better for you to get it, hopefully you find a good one closer to you.

Don't know John, just what is in the ad is all I know. Is it close to the one Abom has in his shop?

Brandon I wish the timing would of worked out better for you to get it, hopefully you find a good one closer to you.

No worries, John. I suspected a lathe that nice would sell before I was able to make it over there. The timing just wasn't quite right.

Here's one for you guys interested in the big Monarch's. I'm not affiliated and just ran across it while looking for 10ee stuff.

MONARCH LATHE - tools - by owner - sale

Thanks for the link!
Monessen, PA is a little more than 2500 miles one way for me, but that looks like a good price on a fine machine.

Edit: it's hard to tell, but I think it's a 16 CW with an actual swing of 18.5".

So what did you replace it with? Hard to step up from that Monarch.

"Depends". Step Up? Cudda been down or sideways.

Revenue shop might hafta use the space for a CNC critter or a less prestigeous lathe with more Carbide-friendly RPM, or an "oilfield" spindle bore.

If yah don't have suitable work for it on a reg'lar basis, can't keep it for a "pet".

"Depends". Step Up? Cudda been down or sideways.

Revenue shop might hafta use the space for a CNC critter or a less prestigeous lathe with more Carbide-friendly RPM, or an "oilfield" spindle bore.

If yah don't have suitable work for it on a reg'lar basis, can't keep it for a "pet".

Why not? The work for my Large and shapely went away a few weeks after I got it. Now it mostly just sits there looking pretty......

Why not? The work for my Large and shapely went away a few weeks after I got it. Now it mostly just sits there looking pretty......

Only "pretty" part of my personal Iron Mine is the metrology gear, actually.

Guess I oughta see to the paint .... some day.

Hear tell it improves the accuracy? Or is that only if yah also mount an Aloris QCTP to improve yer masheenin' skills overnight?

4-Way guy, so I guess I shall just have to remain as f**ked as ever and be glad they're now small enough to not need 3 of us and the traveling crane to swap, those rare shifts yah actually put the compound rest back onto the cross. Weren't meant to LEAVE a compound there, either. Next shift 'd get right pissed-off. Had chips to make.

Wanted chatter and vibration, went to a club as had talented Ladies for-hire. Or so the blown-ups told me.

You'd know about WBGVA? Hear-tell they ain't ALL amateurs!

:D

Replacing with a Harrison Alpha 550, 80" bed cnc flatbed lathe from my buddies old shop. I'll have pics of it in my shop thread when I get that far.

I would of loves to keep the monarch, just not enough floor space though.

Back