What's new
What's new

Monarch Series 60, 16 (18.5) x 30 for sale CHEAP - Boston area

TomBoctou

Hot Rolled
Dated 1951. Comes with the original paperwork (inspection sheets etc), center rest, and taper attachment. D1-6 spindle, 208v 3 phase. No tooling. The gears in the headstock are clean, the ways are good.

The taper attachment is currently off, I took it off to clean it, realized I didn't need a Series 60, and it's too heavy for me to lift back on by myself.

The biggest down side is that it's ugly. A previous owner removed almost all of the paint for some reason.

I want it gone with minimal effort. I'll sell it to the first person who makes an offer and sounds serious about coming to take it without wasting my time.

I'm a few miles from Boston. It's at ground level and can be picked with a car carrier.

That little British car has GOTTA be nervous with that stout Monarch right next to it... like a young doe standing next to a 2.5t Black Angus...

But a fine machine, and the paint up top justifies the paint (missing) down below. Milland, give it a good home!!

Did this ever find a home? Cuz, you know, I take in strays....

Yes, it's happily settled into it's new domicile. Still gathering accessories for it, with the next being a Z-X DRO.

Still staggered at how big this thing is for the swing. If scaled up to the size of my 1945 NN (28 x 180 catalog size), it would weigh about 30% more...

Yes, it's happily settled into it's new domicile. Still gathering accessories for it, with the next being a Z-X DRO.

Still staggered at how big this thing is for the swing. If scaled up to the size of my 1945 NN (28 x 180 catalog size), it would weigh about 30% more...

Got any pics in its new habitat? Looked really clean in the OP’s pics.

Back