What's new
What's new

Moore #3 Jig Bore

handscrape

Aluminum
Hello,
I have a Moore #3 Jig Bore for sale.
It's in mint shape, hasn't seen a lot of use.
It has an Anilam digital readout and comes with an assortment of tooling.
Asking 1500, obo.
Will get some pics up in the next day or so.

Hello,
Asking 1500, obo.

I'm interested, will PM you my email address for pictures. Would especially like closeups of the spindle, the machine ways, and the tooling.

Where in Canada are you, and do you have any experience with issues moving machinery across the border?

Edit: used the email contact rather than pm.

Hi Milland, will get some photos up to you today.
No isses moving it, can load it onto a truck for you, properly with the lifting bars. It's in pretty good shape, I know where it came from and who used it, everyone took care of it.
I have only brought stuff in from the US but I don't think it's much different sending equip to the US.

Here are some pics of the machine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1468788382.578084.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1468788394.962492.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1468788407.537835.jpg
It comes with tooling shown.
There's some home made tooling in the box that needs to have the taper finished ground.
Spindle is in perfect shape.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1468788505.895477.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1468788527.994957.jpg
Covers on ways were taken off before I got the machine but it wasn't used with them off. I didn't have time to replace them and never got to use the machine here.
I bought the Moore book Foundations of mechanical accuracy and after I read it, I looked at this machine in a whole new light.
Much respect to all the people that helped develop it and the technology. It's a nice piece but sadly have to let it go.

Hi, thanks for uploading the pics. I think the price is fair, but I am rescinding my interest in the machine. I hope you find a buyer, each of these machines lost to the scraper is a tragedy...

Hello,
Asking 1500, obo.

Did you happen to buy that in Pennsylvania?

Straight across from me (London Ontario)....40 miles maybe ? But I suppose it don't float too well.....:D

Lol, no it's not the buoyant model. I don't have the heart to send it to the scrap yard, or the bottom of the lake. It'll make a darn good drill press for someone.

Back