What's new
What's new

New Unused 3 Phase 12000 Watt Diesel Generator with a Kohler Diesel $5000 OBO

Sleepybear

Plastic
New Unused 3 Phase 12000 Watt Diesel Portable Generator with a 19hp Kohler Diesel KD425-2. Voltmaster LR120EL-480 - 12,000 Watt Portable Diesel Generator (480V - 3-Phase). $5000 OBO-The whole unit was 7199 new- The Kohler Diesel Alone sells new for 6000. Link for site as well Voltmaster LR120EL-480 - 12,000 Watt Portable Diesel Generator 480V - 3-Phase

Engine
Engine BrandKohler
Starting System12-Volt Key Start
HP19 HP
CC654 CC
Consumer Engine Warranty2 Years
Commercial Engine Warranty2 Years
Engine RPM3600 RPM
Low Oil Alert/ShutdownYes
Cast Iron SleeveYes

Product Specs
Voltage277/480 Three-Phase
Frequency60 Hertz
AlternatorBrush
Auto Voltage RegulationYes
Rated Watts12000 Watts
Surge Watts12000 Watts
Fuel TypeDiesel
Rated Amps18 Amps
Tank Size8 Gallons
Run Time @ 50% Load9.6 Hours
Fuel Tank MaterialPlastic
Fuel GaugeNo
Decibel Rating @ 7m Learn More81 dbA
Idle ControlNo
Hour MeterNo
Voltage MeterNo
Lifting EyeYes
BatteryNot Included
Grade TypeProfessional

Last edited:
Are you talking to yourself? Who are you replying to? I would suggest adding pictures and listing it's age and run time.

Are you talking to yourself? Who are you replying to? I would suggest adding pictures and listing it's age and run time.

Sorry. There was a gentleman in the original thread requesting more info and I had posted a reply. Not sure why the original thread was deleted.

Here is some more info on the generator. Voltmaster LR120EL-480 - 12,000 Watt Portable Diesel Generator (480V - 3-Phase)-It has no hours run. Was purchased and shelved for a few years and now for sale. Has a Kohler DIESEL AIR-COOLED KD425-2 Engine

Engine
Engine BrandKohler
Starting System12-Volt Key Start
HP19 HP
CC654 CC
Consumer Engine Warranty2 Years
Commercial Engine Warranty2 Years
Engine RPM3600 RPM
Low Oil Alert/ShutdownYes
Cast Iron SleeveYes

Product Specs
Voltage277/480 Three-Phase
Frequency60 Hertz
AlternatorBrush
Auto Voltage RegulationYes
Rated Watts12000 Watts
Surge Watts12000 Watts
Fuel TypeDiesel
Rated Amps18 Amps
Tank Size8 Gallons
Run Time @ 50% Load9.6 Hours
Fuel Tank MaterialPlastic
Fuel GaugeNo
Decibel Rating @ 7m Learn More81 dbA
Idle ControlNo
Hour MeterNo
Voltage MeterNo
Lifting EyeYes
BatteryNot Included
Grade TypeProfessional

If it was shelved for a few years it's out of the warranty period. What protection does a buyer have?[/QUOTE

The motor has 0 run time on it and a diesel 3600 rpm is estimated to run 6000-10000 hours. The Kohler KD is probably at the top or better.

277/480 (no 240 ) 3 phase at only 12k watts ?

Odd duck for sure, maybe emergency lighting for a small store ? (the 277 v)

277/480 (no 240 ) 3 phase at only 12k watts ?

Odd duck for sure, maybe emergency lighting for a small store ? (the 277 v)

yeah that’s odd, although for stationary back up power you could easily pair it with a step down transformer and generate 208 3ph if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah that’s odd, although for stationary back up power you could easily pair it with a step down transformer and generate 208 3ph if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why go to all that trouble ?

Kohler engine 425-2 is a product of the Kohler company consequence of Kohler purchase of Lombardini S.r.l.---so these power units were Italian sourced

Deutz engines had prior dual badging with Lombardini--this terminated with Kohler purchase

Kohler dropped the smaller 1-2 cylinder gen sets from product offering--
several years back I had opportunity to examine failed military gen sets powered by this series engine--
big end failures of these units were noteworthy--aluminum crankcase fatigue with resultant bearing/main/rod journal
events
I doubt these units could log over 2000 hours rated load time--

Attachments

• kd.JPG
    kd.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 54
If it was shelved for a few years it's out of the warranty period. What protection does a buyer have?[/QUOTE

The motor has 0 run time on it and a diesel 3600 rpm is estimated to run 6000-10000 hours. The Kohler KD is probably at the top or better.

Kohler engine 425-2 is a product of the Kohler company consequence of Kohler purchase of Lombardini S.r.l.---so these power units were Italian sourced

Deutz engines had prior dual badging with Lombardini--this terminated with Kohler purchase

Kohler dropped the smaller 1-2 cylinder gen sets from product offering--
several years back I had opportunity to examine failed military gen sets powered by this series engine--
big end failures of these units were noteworthy--aluminum crankcase fatigue with resultant bearing/main/rod journal
events
I doubt these units could log over 2000 hours rated load time--

oopsie….don't let the facts get in the way of a good sales ("At the TOP or Better") Pitch.

Back