What's new
What's new

Obituarie for a good trusted friend Mr Fosdick shortly

Phil in Montana

Stainless
I am sad to report that Mr fosdick will die this next friday, He was hatched Oct 1982 at the cost of over a mil $ but no one wants to take care of him anymore and I can not, new shop has not the room. Anyone want to save him from the breakers? He is a big fellow 4E 12x12x12, DC drive and loaded with tooling 30x54 table in like new shape,DRO,milling feeds, a real joy to run.... The last job 2 weeks ago was billed out at 2.5K...He can earn his keep....$2000.00 and he is yours plus the move/loading cost 20 k lbs...for pics go to missoula c/l I am very sick about this but Mr Fosdick is in the way and has to go.....Phil 406549.....50...81 Montana

Cool machine, doesn't look like 20k pounds but i'm sure there is a lot i'm not seeing. The real cost is in moving this beast.

No, moving is a one time cost. The expense is in keeping a roof over his head and room for appropriately sized work pieces to be moved to and from the table.

What does Mr Fosdick use for a spindle taper?

A one of a kind Fosdick, 1 1/2 inch shank with 2 keys and two detents for two cams to grab, there is 30 or so to fit it so its not a problem...Phil

You had paying work for it only 2 weeks ago ?

And now it's scrapper time ?

Wow your rough.

Rent, taxes, power, 2.5k is chump change in the real world, and the winters , 2k in heat bills, need to down size and move...all takes time....a one man shop can not live in a 7000 ft building...Phil

a one man shop can not live in a 7000 ft building...Phil

Actually a one man shop can do quite well in 7000 ft shop. Probably best to own the building though.

Sure about 30" x 54" travels? That thing should be 20 tons+ if it was that big. Looks much smaller than that to me.

Back