What's new
What's new

Old Machine

MachineryDealer

Plastic
Old Machine Kearny&Treker #2D

Time flies, seems like just yesterday I was super busy thinking about nothing and how to continue the joy and bliss of not knowing anything. Unfortunately I woke up because the cat jumped on the bed to inform me in cat lingo that he was out of food or possibly water. In my opinion two of the most important issues for a cat or anything else for that matter. This leads me back to the age old question...what are we going to eat? For humans we sometimes crave a different kind of food...the kind of food that feeds the spirit. There was a time in the distant past when machinery was built to last and made with care and precision, this is the kind of food that lifts the spirit. Quality when you want it, and cheap ole crap when you just don't care, or at least it gets the job done. I would like to offer for your enjoyment, outdated and obsolete, or can still get the job done after all these years...! Kearney&Trecker#2D

2d.jpg

Last edited:
Nice old paperweight, but you really ought read the rules regarding thread titles.

You may still be able to edit the title to something indicative of the actual contents, or the thread is aliable to be locked down by the Admin, or the Moderator.

$4250.00 for a K&T rotary head mill.:nutter::nutter::nutter:

The last one I saw at a dealer was priced at FREE.

3/4 hp step pulley mill that is over 50 years old, with zero accessories to boot ha,ha. I think he typed in an extra zero. How do some of these dealers sell anything? Maybe Milacron will tell us what it is really worth.

Quote;
Time flies, seems like just yesterday I was super busy thinking about nothing and how to continue the joy and bliss of not knowing anything. Unfortunately I woke up because the cat jumped on the bed to inform me in cat lingo that he was out of food or possibly water. In my opinion two of the most important issues for a cat or anything else for that matter. This leads me back to the age old question...what are we going to eat? For humans we sometimes crave a different kind of food...the kind of food that feeds the spirit. There was a time in the distant past when machinery was built to last and made with care and precision, this is the kind of food that lifts the spirit. Quality when you want it, and cheap ole crap when you just don't care, or at least it gets the job done. I would like to offer for your enjoyment, outdated and obsolete, or can still get the job done after all these years...! Kearney&Trecker#2D

Phony heartwarming sales pitch with zero machine details. Fishing for a sucker!
At a decent price that mill would sell. Any rare collets included with the mill ?

Great information, Thanks everyone

Can't say I'm surprised at the response. I imagined some boat captain wanting this machine so he could put a chain around it and use it for an anchor. I didn't set the price for this one as I'm passing along the information so that I can prove to the owner how ridiculous it really is (Thank you, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to provide some reality checks!)
Thank you again for all the comments...very much appreciated!

quote;
Can't say I'm surprised at the response. I imagined some boat captain wanting this machine so he could put a chain around it and use it for an anchor. I didn't set the price for this one as I'm passing along the information so that I can prove to the owner how ridiculous it really is (Thank you, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to provide some reality checks!)

The machinery for sale forum is intended for members to buy and sell without paying dealer markup with all the fluff. Prices are generally fair.
If you ran this add to show an owner how ridiculous a price is then you are abusing the [For Sale] forum. He can post his own add.
Your using it for your social experiment to get a reaction from members here. Not a for sale posting made in good faith .You got your reaction!
Look at the fact that your showing, your not a straight forward person.

You could have said ,I'm trying to sell a K&T 2 D mill for an owner that thinks its worth 4,500. what's your opinion? Honesty
Instead your playing head games with the forum members.

Are there any attachments for the machine? Rotary table, or anything else?

Interesting Class of people

quote;

The machinery for sale forum is intended for members to buy and sell without paying dealer markup with all the fluff. Prices are generally fair.
If you ran this add to show an owner how ridiculous a price is then you are abusing the [For Sale] forum. He can post his own add.
Your using it for your social experiment to get a reaction from members here. Not a for sale posting made in good faith .You got your reaction!
Look at the fact that your showing, your not a straight forward person.

You could have said ,I'm trying to sell a K&T 2 D mill for an owner that thinks its worth 4,500. what's your opinion? Honesty
Instead your playing head games with the forum members.

Unbelievable class of people always assuming the worst intentions, rude and obnoxious comments. If I did what you said I would get criticized for not being elaborate enough , or something not this or that enough. Thanks but no thanks. No matter what I do or say all I get is egotistic nonsense and rude comments. Now I see why I was told this was a bad idea!

Back