What's new
What's new

Older Sunnen LBB-1699 Rod hone with Powerstroke and AG300 Gauge in RI/MA

SDCE

Plastic
Sunnen LBB-1699 110v (serial # 5777) bench-top hone just pulled from a warehouse where it has been in storage for years. This machine is equipped with a factory Sunnen powerstroke which is an almost unheard of upgrade. Both units have been cleaned, tested, and are in perfect operating condition.

Includes:

LB-1699 Hone
Powerstroke unit
AG-300 Precision Rod gauge ($1000 value)
Connecting rod mandrel
Connecting rod clamp
Several piston pin mandrels
Assorted stones

Additional mandrels and stones available for purchase separately.

$3900obo. Willing to strap to pallette for shipping if buyer makes all arrangements. We have a forklift to load on a truck.

Please PM or call (401) 270-8409 with any questions or to come see the unit. NO TEXTS.

DSC_0063_zpscmgebcop.jpg

DSC_0064_zpseojockw0.jpg

DSC_0065_zpscwhvoo3i.jpg

DSC_0067_zpsbrvnclzn.jpg

DSC_0068_zpsleo1xhj2.jpg

DSC_0069_zpsp0nzadbb.jpg

Last edited:
Price added. I copied my CL ad and forgot to put that in.

Yes, the base is obviously not there, but the tray and pedal are included, this was used on a bench all its life. As far as the stroker, the original owner told us it came that way when new. If you or anyone has other info on the part I am all ears.

3900.00 LOL x 2. Good luck with that! My MBB 1800 with power stroke, full cabinet, honing oil pump, filter & reservoir, a boat load of mandrels, stones, truing tubes, filters and 25 gallons of new Sunnen honing oil was 1200.00

Price added. I copied my CL ad and forgot to put that in.

Yes, the base is obviously not there, but the tray and pedal are included, this was used on a bench all its life. As far as the stroker, the original owner told us it came that way when new. If you or anyone has other info on the part I am all ears.

Is the head casting cast iron or aluminum? Check it with a magnet.

3900.00 LOL x 2. Good luck with that! My MBB 1800 with power stroke, full cabinet, honing oil pump, filter & reservoir, a boat load of mandrels, stones, truing tubes, filters and 25 gallons of new Sunnen honing oil was 1200.00

You obviously already have a machine and don't need this one. Disparaging comments are not necessary, if you don't like the price, make an offer or click the back button.

They are all over E-bay for that price as in $1200. Probably one of those items people buy and rarely use and then they go for a very small percentage of original cost. I think they rival surface grinders in that instance.

You obviously already have a machine and don't need this one. Disparaging comments are not necessary, if you don't like the price, make an offer or click the back button.

This is a tough crowd for selling, if members don't know the going price for something they know where to look to find it. I think some here feel a seller is insulting their intelligence asking way more than something is worth.

They are all over E-bay for that price as in $1200. Probably one of those items people buy and rarely use and then they go for a very small percentage of original cost. I think they rival surface grinders in that instance.

On ebay right now there are several used LBB-1699s listed from $2300 to $7000; the MBBs are $1200 to $4000. Again, if someone is seriously interested, make an offer; I'm just the guy selling it, I promise you won't hurt my feelings.

Believe me, I understand loss of value; funny you mention a surface grinder, we just scrapped a mint one cause we couldn't give it away for a few hundred bucks.

This is a tough crowd for selling, if members don't know the going price for something they know where to look to find it. I think some here feel a seller is insulting their intelligence asking way more than something is worth.

Not trying to insult anyone, I'm dead center on prices I saw listed.

If it has an aluminum head it was a salesman model that was made to go in the back of a station wagon for demonstrations. They used aluminum to keep the weight down. There were several cars over the years that were stolen and the units were lost. Sunnen dropped the station wagons and demo units by the mid 70s.

Last edited:

Back