What's new
What's new

Cincinatti 18"x72" Lathe - $3000 West Columbia, SC

clowe1965

Plastic
My business is cleaning house and refitting to our main skill set of pipe fabrication. Sorry for this being my first post, I've lurked on this site for quite some time and need to be more involved, but as we cannot use this lathe and need the space I figured someone might be interested enough to forgive this lack of etiquette.

Many people probably know more about this lathe than I do, but I'll do my best. Cincinnati 18x72 lathe with a 4 jaw chuck. There are some attachments in the catch pan below, if anyone needs pictures beyond the craigslist ad just let me know. I've plugged it in (220 3 ph) and everything moves. I have not tested the coolant pump. It has been sitting idle for the most part of 12 years, collecting dust. It is not ready to go, I would recommend a detail cleaning to get the slides clean and some oil. As far as I know that is the only thing wrong with it.

Cincinnati lathe 18x72 - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

Now for the pricing. From poking around online I've seen smaller Cincinnati models selling for twice of what we are asking. I'm doing this for 3 reasons. 1. It's dirty and needs a good cleaning, sold as is.
2. It has no value to our company and is taking up floor space.
3. It is big, heavy, and will need to be moved.

I'm hoping this will entice someone to come quickly and take it off our hands. I also hope that someone gets a great deal on this thing. If I am still crazy about the asking price please send me a message instead of blasting the thread. The price is certainly negotiable.

Located at Solution Services
1002 Shull St.
West Columbia SC 29169.

We have some moving equipment. Be prepared to come with some creative loading solutions though.

I can be reached via my cellphone at 8O3-46S-31O3.

Thanks,
Clint

Looks like a Hydro-Shift, from the big round knob on the front of the headstock. You spin the knob to the speed you want, stop the spindle, and it changes. Works okay, better than the *^% LeBlond Regal. I have a bunch of hours in on the next smaller size, they are pretty good. Maybe not as sexy as a Pacemaker or Monarch but nice enough, and for the price, this is a great deal for someone who can use a larger lathe.

Looks like a Hydro-Shift, from the big round knob on the front of the headstock. You spin the knob to the speed you want, stop the spindle, and it changes. Works okay, better than the *^% LeBlond Regal. I have a bunch of hours in on the next smaller size, they are pretty good. Maybe not as sexy as a Pacemaker or Monarch but nice enough, and for the price, this is a great deal for someone who can use a larger lathe.

Thanks for the input. Yes it is a hydroshift.

I would love to have it at my house, but this is way too large of a machine for someone who does automotive work, I'd be better suited to a mill. Idk, might change my mind. Still, the loading and unloading without an overhead crane or forklift would challenge my resources.

Back