What's new
What's new

Optima drill bit sharpener with 3/4" and 1" collets

Jockman

Plastic
Hi
I have a Optima Drill bit sharpener that is virtually new, it has sharpened maybe 50 drill bits.
Comes with 3/4" and 1" collets and some other extra parts.
It needs a good home. It is in Wyoming and will ship anywhere. Price new is $27,000, price negociable.
This is a premium piece of machinery.
Here is link to the stats, Johnson's Tooling Inc.
Only serious people inquire.
After market service available at Johnson's Tooling Inc. - Specializing in Optima Drill Grinders

I can send photos on request.

Jockman

Last edited:
I have a goodish home. But after the last auction I'm pretty sure I don't have $50

Yahbut......You could trade him equal mass of unmolested "virgin" steel that ain't even been led astray into any particular limiting special SHAPE just yet. He could then craft it into a spaceship or sumthin' at his leisure.. instead of a drill sharpener as can't even fly at all.

Win-Win, yah?

:D

Yahbut......You could trade him equal mass of unmolested "virgin" steel that ain't even been led astray into any particular limiting special SHAPE just yet. He could then craft it into a spaceship or sumthin' at his leisure.. instead of a drill sharpener as can't even fly at all.

Win-Win, yah?

:D

Works for me. I wonder if he will ever come back to this forum :skep:

I have this same optima drill sharpener ill let it go for $4,000 on a pedestal, all collets and stones, manuals included

PM me if you want it

Not sure I understand why an Optima is worth that kinda money. Not trying to be snarky, just hoping for an explanation...

L7

If a good condition Oliver 21HD showed up I could part with some cash...

Do you mean post #1? I can see it OK. Perhaps it has moved
to page 2 on your browser.

No, it wasn't on another page. Post #1 was assigned to the first reply (which is really post #2). Refreshing and reloading didn't help. It lasted for a while, and now it corrected itself. Unfortunately, I didn't take a snapshot of it.

This is one of those items that is worth a very small fraction of the cost of new in used condition as the market is flooded with much cheaper alternatives that will serve most people's needs. With all the advanced coatings drills live a lot longer than they used to, nobody is changing out uncoated HSS drills every time they turn around anymore. The only drills I sharpen are HSS 5/8"+ that I use before reaming or boring holes in aluminum. For that task a belt sander suits the bill.

As for not worth much these days I remember when a used Agathon 175A diamond wheel tool grinder could fetch $7500, I bet they are worth about 1/10th of that now.

Back