What's new
What's new

OT: CraigsList error?

david n

Diamond
Just like the next guy I like to cruise for the ever so elusive CL deal............but just in the past few days, ya can't reply to the adds.............at least I can't. I just get a message that says, "An error has occurred." Anyone else see this? Browser issue or CL issue?

It used to happen to me all the time, but it hasn't for a while. I tried different browsers, the only thing that worked sometimes was using a different computer.

Just a couple of days ago CL introduced a new 'feature' by replacing the 'city' menu with a map where you had to type in the name of the city. What a pain in the ass! If you just wanted to look within a couple hundred miles of your location, you had to type in the names of each city. I guess they got so many complaints about it that they went back to the old way last night.

Try clearing the cookies on your computer.

Just like the next guy I like to cruise for the ever so elusive CL deal............but just in the past few days, ya can't reply to the adds.............at least I can't. I just get a message that says, "An error has occurred." Anyone else see this? Browser issue or CL issue?

Could be both. Try clearing your cookies and maybe reset you internet connection. There has been some massive internet attacks going on last few months while hacker wage a turf war against each other. Depending where they are hosted, it may be impacting them (caught in the cross fire)

It used to happen to me all the time, but it hasn't for a while. I tried different browsers, the only thing that worked sometimes was using a different computer.

Just a couple of days ago CL introduced a new 'feature' by replacing the 'city' menu with a map where you had to type in the name of the city. What a pain in the ass! If you just wanted to look within a couple hundred miles of your location, you had to type in the names of each city. I guess they got so many complaints about it that they went back to the old way last night.

Try clearing the cookies on your computer.

Yeah, that had me pretty irritated for a day. Whoever thought that was an upgrade feature should be beaten, it was stupid. Glad they changed it back.

Back