What's new
What's new

OT: Live in machine shop

Nice novelty, but I think for Idaho, that price is high, maybe some of our Idaho members can shed some light on that. I would think even $400k with the machines is too much.

Nice novelty, but I think for Idaho, that price is high, maybe some of our Idaho members can shed some light on that. I would think even $400k with the machines is too much.

Several of my friends have moved to Idaho in the last decade. Two of them are cashing out and moving back to Oregon this year. Property values have gone insane in some areas. One friend bought 17 acres with a farmhouse for $200k, subdivided it and sold off the lots $200k each. "It's boring here" is the complaint I hear.

Grass is always greener I spose.

As for the shop/house combo I could sure see making it work if I had to, but not for a $2000/mo mortgage. Lots of places with a nice house and a nice big shop seperate for less than that.

I would think even $400k with the machines is too much.
And you guys really believe it's labor costs ... in Kunshan we rented a new building. Not a great new building but okay. Had two full-length cranes (which was kinda dumb, how can they get past each other ?). 200' x 50', about 20' of one end was two floors of offices. 10,000 ft2.

$1,000 a month.

And you guys really believe it's labor costs ... in Kunshan we rented a new building. Not a great new building but okay. Had two full-length cranes (which was kinda dumb, how can they get past each other ?). 200' x 50', about 20' of one end was two floors of offices. 10,000 ft2.

$1,000 a month.

There are some industrial complexes in larger cities that $1,000 a month would get you something the size of a 3 car garage or 600 square feet.

Cool, but that one pic of a single armchair facing a little tv on moving boxes is kinda sad.

I'd like to go where there is no snow.

central Texas would work well for you - snow once every 10-15 years (enough for all the neighborhood kids to scrape together a snowman), rarely goes below freezing in winter, rarely goes below 90F in summer. Few natural disasters, fingers crossed. Property is pretty cheap compared with the coasts.

central Texas would work well for you - snow once every 10-15 years (enough for all the neighborhood kids to scrape together a snowman), rarely goes below freezing in winter, rarely goes below 90F in summer. Few natural disasters, fingers crossed. Property is pretty cheap compared with the coasts.

You forgot "and you sweat from April to November", I can't stand summer there anymore, Ill take a little snow please.

Price seems high to me at first glance for that region of the country. But I don't know the real estate market there. I like all the wood accents.

How much land? And what's it look like all around the exterior. Pics only show a front and side shot of the house exterior?

When I built the house 8 years ago it was the first one in the new neighborhood next to a wheat field.
No land to speak of. Maybe 20 feet out the back. I'm done mowing grass.
Then over the years all these ugly townhouse popped up and ruined the area.
People buy houses like they go out to eat. How big is it and how cheap is it.
I am next to a business park which makes great neighbors and semis come through here all the time.
The view out my back door. Moscow Mountain in the background.DSCN0680.jpg

You forgot "and you sweat from April to November", I can't stand summer there anymore, Ill take a little snow please.

it's how I stay slim :) Currently taking a break from working on the car, garage is at 95F, and I needed to cool down/ rehydrate.

I do miss the snow though and Idaho is pretty place, that's for sure.

it's how I stay slim :) Currently taking a break from working on the car, garage is at 95F, and I needed to cool down/ rehydrate.

I do miss the snow though and Idaho is pretty place, that's for sure.

I've found that cutting firewood on a brisk morning with a light snow on the ground works better than trying to sweat the pounds off:D. I've really been enjoying my new shop the past month, high 90's outside, nice cool low 70's inside.

Nice place.. like the bandsaw.

I am in W MT and I have no doubt 400k is inline or close. It was already nuts out here, now doubly so with C19.

Back