What's new
What's new

power hammer wanted

Ok fair enough, I have seen them new for sale.

Last week I missed out on a 50#star mechanical hammer, price was $850.

I'm looking for a 50-100# mechanical hammer like a lil giant. An antique.no evil empire stuff in this shop.

Maybe different in your area but the last 50 pound Little Giant I saw sell went for a bit North of $3K.

Lots of demand among the hobby smiths for the sub-200 pound hammers, esp. Little Giants, with the support they still have, and the knowledge base of current users.

Try on the ABANA site and chase down the links from their site to affiliated Blacksmiths and clubs sites and see what it gets you. I figure there are better odds of finding one, with the downside that there are also better odds that the price will reflect the actual rate that is being paid in that community.

Cheers
Trev

I picked up a 50 lbs Star power hammer in San Diego about 5 years ago for $400. It took years to find. They just never seem to come up for sale in this area. We have an Antique Gas and Steam Engine museum not too far form me (it is in Vista California). They have a bunch of them there. Might want to check to see if any are available . AGSEM Good luck on your search!

I bought a sahinler 260 lb self contained a few weeks ago, I still need to build a foundation for it. I have had some little giants they are decent but there is nothing like a self contained air hammer.

I bought a sahinler 260 lb self contained a few weeks ago, I still need to build a foundation for it. I have had some little giants they are decent but there is nothing like a self contained air hammer.

Nice kpotter. They're killer hammers. If you ever decide to part with it, let me know. I need a bigger hammer.

Back