Powermatic Model 143 wood & metal cutting bandsaw
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Powermatic Model 143 wood & metal cutting bandsaw

FS: 14" wood/metal cutting bandsaw by Powermatic, ca. 1980 and rebuilt in 2005. This saw has a two-speed gearbox and four pulley speeds to give a range of 40 - 3000 sfpm. With the right blade, it can easily cut ferrous metals. I got it at a trade school auction, reconditioned it (new tires, new bearings, new guides, added Iturra high tension spring, etc.), and switched to a single phase 115/230 motor. The original three phase motor goes with it, but I don' t know if it works or not. Comes with four or five blades, a bunch of extra parts, and a homemade resaw fence. Pics and details of restoration available on request. This machine cost about $2,500 new (in 1980), I'm asking $1,000. It's located in Elkins, WV.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shombert View Post
    FS: 14" wood/metal cutting bandsaw by Powermatic, ca. 1980 and rebuilt in 2005. This saw has a two-speed gearbox and four pulley speeds to give a range of 40 - 3000 sfpm. With the right blade, it can easily cut ferrous metals. I got it at a trade school auction, reconditioned it (new tires, new bearings, new guides, added Iturra high tension spring, etc.), and switched to a single phase 115/230 motor. The original three phase motor goes with it, but I don' t know if it works or not. Comes with four or five blades, a bunch of extra parts, and a homemade resaw fence. Pics and details of restoration available on request. This machine cost about $2,500 new (in 1980), I'm asking $1,000. It's located in Elkins, WV.
    You have some photos of the saw that you can post?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here are pictures of Dave's saw:

I will also add that I was at the auction with Dave when he bought the saw, and have seen it since he rebuilt it. It is a very nice machine.
    Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default powermatic 143

That's the saw I started with before I got my DoAll ML and as far as capability for the footprint in my garage it was perfect.

Only thing I would do different would be to add a VFD.

Good luck, Doug