What's new
What's new

Pratt Whitney Jig Bore

Ball Roll Quill - so fairly modern. Also 8" riser - so its at leaast 10 foot 4" high and over 15,000 Lbs

48 X 24 travels, and 9" on quill

Rapids on table and saddle but the only "feed" on the entire machine is the quill

Genius brother Harry fixed mine up with servo drives on table and saddle - and I fabbed up the mountings for them

Last edited:
... Harry fixed mine up with servo drives on table and saddle - and I fabbed up the mountings for them

Any good pics of this John ? Sounds cool.
Are the Servo feeds just turning the fine
feed hand knobs? Direct or belt drive ?

--Doozer

Sort of on the photos. Basically I took off the two rapid belt drive motors and replaced them with (timing )belt drive servos. In other words you can disable the servo drives by simply "undoing" the clutch in the middle of the big hand wheel - making the big hand wheels still serviceable for final positioning.

I'll see if I can find the photos and edit them in here

P1000622sm.jpgP1000624sm.jpgP1000640.jpgP1000641.jpgP1000642.jpg

Any good pics of this John ? Sounds cool.
Are the Servo feeds just turning the fine
feed hand knobs? Direct or belt drive ?

--Doozer

Last edited:
These are older than 20 years but seem to get the job done right down to a crawl

Typical specs are 2.1 NM max stall, 140V and 3100 RPM max with 5/8 output shaft

20210812_184335.jpg

Cool machine but it's market value is negative... i.e cost (way) more in rigging and trucking to get it to scrap yard than it's scrap value.

I worked with a guy who's self worth was negative, then again his overall worth was negative. If I dropped this machine on him I wonder if his ruby red boots would curl up at the toes.

Back