What's new
What's new

Precision toolroom lathe Okuma LS 18" x 49"

ezduzit

Hot Rolled
Highly regarded Japanese Okuma LS precision toolroom lathe in excellent condition. 10 hp, 230-volt 3-phase. 2" spindle bore. #4 Morse taper tailstock. English and metric threads. 3 and 4-jaw chucks, steady rest and taper attachment, coolant pump and removeable chip tray. Manuals.

Lost lease on my shop. Sell $5,000. Located: Venice Ca.

IMG_0764.jpg
IMG_0763.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg

Nice looking lathe what year is it?

I believe it is a 1968. Will confirm when I get home this evening.

Put my name on it- in pencil. Need to get the ok.

Pencil-ed in.

PM sent on the Okuma
PM answered.

Is the machine still available? I have a friend who I'm pretty sure would buy it.

The lathe is available. I have a full price offer to buy. The lathe will be considered sold to the first person to get funds to me. As soon as that happens I will post such here.
When the lathe is sold I will offer a brand new Dorian CA QCTP with T-nut and many new Dorian and Aloris holders for sale at a very fair price. Included in that sale will be a new Shars QCTP (for rear mounting) and a couple used Aloris or Dorian holders.

Just out of curiosity, is that an inch or metric lead screw lathe?

Also, what is the chuck mounting system?

Thanks.

Adding photo of ways at a member's request. The ways are in incredibly nice condition, as shown. I see no damage at all, just a tiny bit of staining where the carriage had been parked.

IMG_0796.jpg

Beautiful looking lathe. If it had the D1-6 spindle option it would be exactly what I am looking for, unfortunately it is across the country, and I have no space for it at the moment, and no money for it right now.

Probably a good thing it is across the country...

Used to be any shop that was anyone had an Okuma

Saw one at an auction that someone had stripped the tailstock screw. Something about power tapping a really big tap

GLWS

Just out of curiosity, does the Okuma headstock set on the ways, or is the front on a pin and the back aligned with jacking screws like many other Japanese machines?

I assume this Okuma is sold, but sent a PM anyway.
Have been looking to add a second LS to our shop.
Headed down near LA for thanksgiving.
To all who have asked questions about the Okuma’s- they are crap, don’t waste your time!
Lol!
They are actually really nice, quality, and feel and the convenience in operating.
I also own an LK.
Whoever gets this LS will definitely be happy.

I assume this Okuma is sold, but sent a PM anyway.
Have been looking to add a second LS to our shop.
Headed down near LA for thanksgiving.
To all who have asked questions about the Okuma’s- they are crap, don’t waste your time!
Lol!
They are actually really nice, quality, and feel and the convenience in operating.
I also own an LK.
Whoever gets this LS will definitely be happy.

The Okuma is not sold until someone puts money in my hand, at which time I will immediately post such.

Back