What's new
What's new

** RARE ** Leinweber Combination Machine UW21

zgoo

Hot Rolled
Leinweber Combination Machine UW21. Machine is in excellent condition! Comes with a rotary phase convertor, the optional two speed motor, shaper attachment, slotter attachment, milling head, horiz. milling, steady, follow, turret post, coolant pump, compond, tailstock, 3 jaw. and large face/4 jaw plate. Factory paint is in excellent condition. Threads Inch/Metric and as all the extra gears. Machine runs great. Color is light green and the large bed rails are about 3.5" thick!!! I have not cleaned it so you can see the shape it was in when I got it. One owner machine and was from a home shop, sat unused for a number of years. Over all it's about 10' long, so it's not a light weight. Located in Portland Oregon. Price is $5900.

Dan 503-572-3845

Here is a link to more about it

http://www.lathes.co.uk/leinweber/

147-4747_IMG.jpg

147-4745_IMG.jpg

147-4748_IMG.jpg

147-4755_IMG.jpg

Last edited:
Wow...that is rare. But for milling how do you adjust the Z axis ? The Wahli multi machine I once owned was like a small horizontal boring mill in that the lathe head was on ways and could be adjusted vertically, so when milling one did have a proper moveable Z axis. But on this machine ??

(on edit) Ok now I get it....vertical bar holding up the table that raises the whole cross slide/table if need be....wierd...

I think it's from another planet myself.... Romulans have machinists too ya know... could have made 'cloaking device' parts at one time...

The phrase "F***ed up as a football bat" does sort of come to mind.

I admit I take a somewhat perverse pride in running sort of oddball machines, but I don't think I'm ready to go that far yet. Although since I first noticed it last night, it has grown on me a bit. Looks to be in nice condition and the accesories are neat.

Do you have to move the headstock all the way over to the tailstock to do short turning, or can both the head & tail stocks move along the cast base? Guess you can't put anything too close to the ends of this.

Rob

Its a wild deal. The tailstock is fixed and the headstock moves. So the carriage moves on the shafts and the head moves on the bey ways? It does look to be in good shape.

To move the head stock toward the right just unlock the lever on the bottom of the headstock and then crank the hand wheel below the tailstock. The black knob in the center of this handle can be pulled out and then you can crank the wheel and this will turn the feed screw rod. I'm amazed how easy and smooth the headstock moves and also the carriage.

Dan

I guess if you think about it that when the headstock is moved closer toward the tailstock the lathe gets stiffer. I think you could use the optional upper spindle and slide that in the top of the head stock and have a 26" swing or more!!!!! My swings bigger then your swing my swinger then...........

Jas don't plan on using the florspace to the right of the tailstock, because teh machine seems to get longer as it gets shorter. Other than that it seems much better than a smithy and very rigid. In addition I am wondering if those rods perform better than a dovetailed bed?

Back