What's new
What's new

Really? LNS Hydrobar not even worth 500 bucks?

13engines

Stainless
Greetings all. I've been advertising this bar feeder (1/4-1 1/4"_6 tubes) for a month or better on the local Craigslist with no luck. I'm about ready to start cutting it up and scrapping it. Thought I'd save the hydraulic unit as backup for a Spego bar feed I use. I'm going to save the 6 tubes to make my own spindle liners. But the rest would go to scrap.

It breaks my heart to think that absolutely nobody wants or uses these things anymore. Is that true? The technology is sound. This thing is a substantial piece of equipment.

Here is a link to the CL ad.

LNS Hydrobar CNC Lathe Bar Feed - business/commercial - by owner - sale

I'm going to give it a few more days here, but I can't put up with the room it takes up anymore.

It's palletized and could ship if need be. Dock high only here.

Should I wait. or just start scrapping?

Dave

Bar Feeder_1.jpg
bar feeder_3.jpg
Bar Feeder_4.jpg

Likely not reaching the folks who'd be looking for it. Try a wider ranging format - eBay, machinetools.com, etc.

Agreed. That's easily worth $500 to the right party, but you're not connecting. Offer it here in the "for sale" section (as well as eBay, etc.), and shove it against the wall or something to get it out of the way for the moment. If it doesn't sell within a month then go ahead and scrap it.

What machine is it hooked up to?

It's not hooked up to anything right now.

Agreed. That's easily worth $500 to the right party, but you're not connecting. Offer it here in the "for sale" section (as well as eBay, etc.), and shove it against the wall or something to get it out of the way for the moment. If it doesn't sell within a month then go ahead and scrap it.

I thought this was the for sale section. BTW - it is for sale. I thought that would be inferred by my post and CL link.

I just bought a machine with one of those. I left that part behind.

I should have done the same.

I wonder what the actual ID's are of all the tubes,and if they'd make good spindle liners. There's easily 500 bucks worth of spindle liners in this almost scrapped machine, especially considering there's enough tube to make one of each size for both spindles on my lathe.

Dave

I had a 2-1/2" Hydrobar.
I sold it to Hildebrand Machinery for about $1200. I also struck out advertising it myself so i called Dave, he seems to have a market for them, he has listed at least a half dozen that I'm aware of.

I sold a smaller 3 position one on E-bay for $250 a couple years ago. I would think yours could bring $500 there for that size, but you will have to part with almost 15% between E-bay and Paypal fees.

Back