What's new
What's new

Rivett 1020S

I saw that listed a few days ago. I am in the general vicinity.

What's the top speed?

What's the story with it? Looks like it's been spit shined and prepped for paint.

on edit, nevermind.. found some of your other posts and got the info.

Did you sell the man cave? Do alright on it?

We just got a house under contract here and are in process of selling existing. The market is *nuts*.

Didn't sell the house yet. The only thing people want is the typical 3 bedroom 2 bath house. I will die alone and unassisted in this place.

Me too. That guy turned out to be a flake.
I get a couple calls everyday wanting it shipped.
I used to be able to rent a 6000 pound forklift to safely load but that place went out of business so now the largest lift I can rent is 3500 pounds.
So somebody has to come with a drop deck trailer and winch or come along.

Me too. That guy turned out to be a flake.
I get a couple calls everyday wanting it shipped.
I used to be able to rent a 6000 pound forklift to safely load but that place went out of business so now the largest lift I can rent is 3500 pounds.
So somebody has to come with a drop deck trailer and winch or come along.

Some auto wreckers can boom it, properly rigged for overhead lift. ISTR it is heavier than the MG 10EE I had done that way ~ 3800 with the massive pallet it was through-bolted to, but it was only a $75 deal overall, plus tip, Durham, NC area a few years back.

I rate that as far, far, faster, also much harder to screw-up than a FL loadout, OR skids, skates, and puller, so long as the rigging is kept inside the bed, no wrap as would mash controls or levers. Need a tilt restraint, of course.

Some auto wreckers can boom it, properly rigged for overhead lift. ISTR it is heavier than the MG 10EE I had done that way ~ 3800 with the massive pallet it was through-bolted to, but it was only a $75 deal overall, plus tip, Durham, NC area a few years back.

I rate that as far, far, faster, also much harder to screw-up than a FL loadout, OR skids, skates, and puller, so long as the rigging is kept inside the bed, no wrap as would mash controls or levers. Need a tilt restraint, of course.

I have used tow-trucks a lot, for unloading machines from my pickup, but heaviest item was a Cinci # 2 (2400lbs) . For the Rivett 1020s, would you put straps under the bed or under the machine? And how would you prevent the strap placed near the tailstock end from sliding towards the headstock end ?

I have had awesome luck with tilt beds, but short distance.. from terminal to my shop. Lower Cost of dropping off at terminal as opposed to shop more than offsets minimal cost of tilt bed and the guys always work their asses off.

This would be a good job for a small time regional freight guy.. someone who will load,haul,unload within x miles or hours.

No interest, but boy is that thing stout. A 10 x 20 that weighs 4,000#? I have a 14 x 30 I bet barely weighs 1500#. What year was it made?

DSCN0718.jpg
9-18-53
Originally it was 440 volt but that has been centered punched out.
When I got it it was 220 volt.
I've had people asking how much wear there is in the ways like it is a brand new machine.
When I put an indicator base on the carriage and the tip on the tailstock flat way it dips down .001
up near the headstock. So I guess it's a clapped out piece of shit and I should just haul it to the dump.

Much of Rivett's weight is a cast iron base. They must have had their own foundry. It sure damps vibrations nicely. I refer to it as "my fat-bottomed French girl"

Make a video of that thing running and making chips. Maybe do a two collar test.. post it here, youtube, Rivett groups (I assume there is one). Gotta be someone out of Spokane who wants that thing.

Back