Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Montana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rustytool View Post
    So some body in Seattle or California can hire a tilt bed to pick it up here and deliver it to Seattle or Southern California ?
    Well, yeah someone *could*,but that would be prohibitive.

I was suggesting the tilt bed just to get it off the floor onto someone's truck/trailer.

2. Likes rustytool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    I looked it up, just out of curiosity. Suggest, if interested, the OP do a Google search for truck wreckers and rotators. I found four companies in Moscow, and more nearby. Just got to think a little outside the box- this is only a two ton lift. Not that heavy, just needs attention to balance and not damaging shafts, the bed, etc.

Were it me, I’d lift it onto a prepped heavy timber crib that is thru bolted to the lathe bed and a bunch wider than the bed. Arrange timber spacing for forklift space both from headstock end and straight in from front. Gives more options for moving to the buyer.

Were it not for covid keeping people from travelling I think that lathe would have sold already. Just need some patience...

Regards,
    L7

Btw, was the Holbrook that you sold from Collector?
    Yes, It was collectors Holbrook.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Friendly plug for this Rivett that I have never seen outside of photos. A 1020S at auction from UW Surplus, untested, as-is, just sold for ~$8500 out the door. Rigging services are on top of that cost. The steady rest (to my untrained eyes) does not appear to be a Rivett steady rest. It did have a super interesting extra-long taper attachment though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sold, or should I say "gave away" the Rivett yesterday.
    A very nice perfect working condition 1020s with tons of tooling for $5000.
    Going 30 miles away to the Lewiston Idaho home shop of a retired San Francisco Bay Area aerospace tool and die maker.
    Now I just have to give away the Cincinnati drill press and Brown and Sharpe surface grinder plus the millions of pieces of tooling I've collected over the years and I will be a free man.