What's new
What's new

Rivett 1020S For Sale

rustytool

Stainless
Before I put it on eBay for a 99 cent starting bid I thought I'd try here first.
1954 1020S serial number 239.
Excellent condition. Has done everything I've asked of it and has never let me down in the 8 years I've owned it.
For a cost of $1600 I had it professionally converted to 220v single phase maintaining the original controls. 5 horsepower motor and Dan Foss 5hp vid. Still has all the clutch and back gear and direct drive shafts. Only the motor was replaced.DSCN0844.jpgDSCN0095.jpgDSCN0097.jpgDSCN0096.jpgDSCN0845.jpg
Asking $10,000 OBO (or best offer means just that)
I never thought I would sell it but "life is short and it's later than you think".
If there is anything else you would like to see pictures of it's easiest if I send them through regular email. Greg
208-596-7258
[email protected].

I would consider trades for just about anything that blows my dress up. Like a Mori Seiki MS 850 or 1250.
Or a nice metal shaper. OR an ID/OD cylindrical grinder or surface grinder or bandsaw to name a few.
I found the photo of the big Dan Foss VFD mounted in the base.
The switch that originally turned on and off the coolant pump now turns on and off power to a 110 volt plug for a work light etc.
DSCN0505.jpg

Sold a Studer OD grinder.
I'm getting another 10x20 size lathe that has always been on my bucket list and need the room and funds for it.
I've experienced the Rivett for 8 years and want to try something new.

Inch metric is a nice feature to have but even though I wasn't looking for it the new lathe does have inch metric threading. It's a Holbrook C10.
It won't be here for a few weeks.

A friend who is very experienced in the use of large and toolroom lathes has a Holbrook C10 and says it's the best lathe (for its size) he's ever run. Well ahead, in his opinion than what he calls a "10 trouble E". Personally, a Smart and Brown 1024, is the cat's meow. I don't own one, but if one showed up...

Good luck with your sale.

L7

No steady or follower rest.
Another member who isn't really active here anymore has told me that he spoke with Keith Rucker and that Keith has plans to make castings of the steady and follower he has with his 1020S.

Back