What's new
What's new

Rockwell Toolmaker Grinder for Sale

KeithK

Plastic
Rockwell toolmaker grinder, later model with ball bearing spindle and Teflon tape ways. Grinder has been disassembled, cleaned, new way tape installed, reassembled, lubricated, adjusted and tested. 3 phase 1/2 HP 3 speed. Appears to have been repainted twice in prior life, not the greatest paint but mostly one color. No accessories other than the machine.

Asking $750.00 OBO. I can demonstrate as well as load onto an open truck or trailer. Located in South Central Ct. PM with questions, I can also send additional pictures.

IMG_2606.jpgIMG_2619.jpgIMG_2622.jpg

Yes, The rear tape needed to be 0.004" thicker than the front one (thickness of the tape times square root of 2). To confirm this I did the V way tape first then shimmed the table until it was parallel front to rear, this also confirmed the thickness. I built up the rear with an adhesive shim, the factory way was to use a bonding film in addition to the tape in the rear, I tried the bonding film and found it to be horrible to work with so I went with the adhesive shim instead. I dusted off the top of the table when I was done, I needed to take off about 0.0015" and that mostly was due to the table being a little low in the middle.

Keith

Back