What's new
What's new

rough estimate wanted: rigging cost for 8-ton K&T

Commercial address to commercial address rigger providing all equipment I am gonna wag at $4k-5k as late no as it’s not more than 100 miles transport nor 100 miles from riggers base

It mostly depends on whether it fits thru the aisles and doors without moving a dozen different things out and back first. For a crew and an all day affair it’s not cheap especially if they need to be bonded

Commercial address to commercial address rigger providing all equipment I am gonna wag at $4k-5k as late no as it’s not more than 100 miles transport nor 100 miles from riggers base

It's probably close to a thousand mile haul in addition to separate riggers, both ends, if Marty's serious about a destination in Owl's Head, Maine, and the lister ain't lying about starting from River Falls, Wisconsin.

I shipped a blanchard grinder from cleveland to tucson, it weighed 15000 pounds it cost me 1200 dollars to have it delivered t my shop and 400 to unload it.

Problem with rigging prices. A LOT OF VARIABLES. Plus if the rigger figures out you are out of town. I was recently quoted a pick up and truck job. Came in about 1/3 more then it should. I suspect they figured I was too far away to have a choice.

Problem with rigging prices. A LOT OF VARIABLES. Plus if the rigger figures out you are out of town. I was recently quoted a pick up and truck job. Came in about 1/3 more then it should. I suspect they figured I was too far away to have a choice.

Unless one can take time-out to "be there" that's true of most of us.

Kevin's Cleveland experience is the other side of the coin. Virtual hotbed of many firms long, long in the biz of loading-out "old iron". Interstate network is good, too.

I've been amazed at how much cheaper goods from there have proven to palletize and ship - "properly", even - than from, for example, West and North of Chicago.

I'd say double his figure for this item, and you'd still be lucky to get that WI to Maine.

I'd say double his figure for this item, and you'd still be lucky to get that WI to Maine.

add in thats is about -20 kelvin in wisconsin right now...... what rigger is going to fire up, load up, drive 100 miles to load in -20 f or colder, tie down in -20 or colder, do it fast and cheap- none that I know if even if a simple drive and stab with a 30k forklift in front of 14 x 14 door with nothing else in the way. Now if it was 70 F and sunny in the springtime- differenat story.

add in thats is about -20 kelvin in wisconsin right now...... what rigger is going to fire up, load up, drive 100 miles to load in -20 f or colder, tie down in -20 or colder, do it fast and cheap- none that I know

I disagree. This is a slow time for our industry. Tons of riggers in that area.

I've lived in Wisconsin. It's just like here. We grumble about the weather and then get on with it. No big deal.

I live 20 miles from where that mill is sitting, in case someone needs a little local help. Most of the riggers in the area would be coming from St.Paul or Mpls., which is about an hour west of River Falls. Yes, it has been cold here. Between -10* and -20* F. most mornings, not many daytime highs much above 0* lately.

I had my 15,180lb K&T 5CK horizontal mill moved 400 miles (Fort Hood to Houston), cost me 1200. I had it moved with a local rollback truck, so he was charging me for miles driven both empty and loaded.

To move this planer, the riggers were changing me $600 an hour, they were already on site, so I didn't have to pay for any mobilization fees.

Attachments

• 1229141248c_zpsfbc30320.JPG
    1229141248c_zpsfbc30320.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 0301170952_Burst01.jpg
    0301170952_Burst01.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 325
I have been thinking about asking the friendly father son construction co. owners next door to put their big forklift on the lowboy and going after that mill.

I would recommend R & R Machinery Movers and Long Haul Trucking to do this for you. They are both the best around here in my opinion. You can say Richard from Midwestern Machinery said hello. Might get you a better price.
R&R Machinery Movers Minnesota
America's Premier Trucking & Shipping Company - LHT Long Haul Trucking

PS: No matter who does the job have the seller drain the base sump and drain oil from the knee. If the base is full of coolant and it leaks on to the trailer and then the Hwy. you will get fined a lot. Also tell the trucker if it's not Long Haul to tarp the machine. Long haul use Conestoga cover trailers so no tarping is needed. Might tell the riggers to wood brace under knee and under the head to table too so the weight isn't all on the nuts.

Back