Rules READ BEFORE POSTING
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rules READ BEFORE POSTING

This section is for machinery. If it does not plug into a power source it is probably not a machine. If it is a part of a machine then it belongs in the parts forum below this one.

I am getting tired of moving posts to the parts forum for items like 4" lathe chucks and steady rests. So pay attention. If you do not see your post here check the other forum.

Links to third party industrial auctions are not allowed.

You are welcome to link to your ebay ad. But if you are here just to do it. Then dont. In other words you need to particiapte in the forum to link to ebay.

Please limit new for sale threads to two per day. Post as much as you want into each thread.

This forum is intended for active members. Some allowance is given for first time members but do not abuse the privilege.

And remember, if you are buying from a recently joined person, excersice caution.

PM me when you want an item you have started a thread about removed along with a link to it.

No hobby grade machines. Cheapest of the cheap chinese are not allowed

USE A DESCRIPTIVE TITLE

And be civil to eachother.
    Last edited by Mebfab; 11-21-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The rules are at the top of this page.

An active member is one that participates in other parts of the forum by contributing to discusions. Asking and answering questions, etc.

If all you do is post for sale items you will be quickly removed. I allow a few ads without participating, but there is a limit. And posting ads without pictures, prices, capacitys,and minimal descriptions doesnt help your cause. Frankly it makes you look incompetant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like we are getting a lot of people whose first post is to sell something. Also I saw one guy who only posts other than selling, is asking how to repair something that he is trying to sell. That isn't fair to active members who are selling or trading something and it ends up on page two in a day because everyone is using this as free ebay.

4. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Looks like we are getting a lot of people whose first post is to sell something. Also I saw one guy who only posts other than selling, is asking how to repair something that he is trying to sell. That isn't fair to active members who are selling or trading something and it ends up on page two in a day because everyone is using this as free ebay.
    I think some modification of the board software might keep the newbie ads from swamping the system, but I doubt any method would agree with all.

I most definitely would like to see the board software for the "for sale" forums force a location and price to the title. And that wouldn't be too hard for a competent programmer, most likely a copy and paste of the "Title" field code for three fields labeled "Item", "Location", and "Price", have them MustFill, and then some new code that would assemble the details into one title.

Just a thought......

6. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree that a location would be very helpful so that we'll know that on a heavy item if it's close enough to even bother with looking at the post. A price would be good too.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any chance we could get location tags required for posts?

Something like [US - Wisconsin] or even [US - Texas - Houston] would help a lot for both browsing and using the search function.