What's new
What's new

Rules READ BEFORE POSTING

Mebfab

Diamond
This section is for machinery. If it does not plug into a power source it is probably not a machine. If it is a part of a machine then it belongs in the parts forum below this one.

I am getting tired of moving posts to the parts forum for items like 4" lathe chucks and steady rests. So pay attention. If you do not see your post here check the other forum.

Links to third party industrial auctions are not allowed.

You are welcome to link to your ebay ad. But if you are here just to do it. Then dont. In other words you need to particiapte in the forum to link to ebay.

Please limit new for sale threads to two per day. Post as much as you want into each thread.

This forum is intended for active members. Some allowance is given for first time members but do not abuse the privilege.

And remember, if you are buying from a recently joined person, excersice caution.

PM me when you want an item you have started a thread about removed along with a link to it.

No hobby grade machines. Cheapest of the cheap chinese are not allowed

USE A DESCRIPTIVE TITLE

And be civil to eachother.

Adding to this. This is the internet. Exercise caution. Do not send money through paypal friends and family. It has no recourse if a problem occurs. Conduct due diligence. Check out the person. Is it a known member? Is it more then you are willing to gamble?

Last edited:
The rules are at the top of this page.

An active member is one that participates in other parts of the forum by contributing to discusions. Asking and answering questions, etc.

If all you do is post for sale items you will be quickly removed. I allow a few ads without participating, but there is a limit. And posting ads without pictures, prices, capacitys,and minimal descriptions doesnt help your cause. Frankly it makes you look incompetant.

Looks like we are getting a lot of people whose first post is to sell something. Also I saw one guy who only posts other than selling, is asking how to repair something that he is trying to sell. That isn't fair to active members who are selling or trading something and it ends up on page two in a day because everyone is using this as free ebay.

Looks like we are getting a lot of people whose first post is to sell something. Also I saw one guy who only posts other than selling, is asking how to repair something that he is trying to sell. That isn't fair to active members who are selling or trading something and it ends up on page two in a day because everyone is using this as free ebay.

I think some modification of the board software might keep the newbie ads from swamping the system, but I doubt any method would agree with all.

I most definitely would like to see the board software for the "for sale" forums force a location and price to the title. And that wouldn't be too hard for a competent programmer, most likely a copy and paste of the "Title" field code for three fields labeled "Item", "Location", and "Price", have them MustFill, and then some new code that would assemble the details into one title.

Just a thought......

I agree that a location would be very helpful so that we'll know that on a heavy item if it's close enough to even bother with looking at the post. A price would be good too.

USE A DESCRIPTIVE TITLE..that mentions the subject and the purpose

Bridgeport Mill -> fs = for sale, WTB = want to buy a..., problem climb milling.

Lathe accident: not "guess what"

Problem boring tool steel: not, the problem with my mini machine.

The good title lets others seek/search answers to tooling/manufacturing problems.

Back