For sale 1941 South Bend Lathe 14.5 - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yes, that machine is not a Lamborghini...it isn't going to sell itself.

at this point you are the equivalent of a used car salesman, and no one is just going to take your word for it.

you have to make the case with hard data...close ups of what matters, real world cutting tests,etc.

make someone want to take it for a test drive.
    Last edited by iwananew10K; 05-11-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there,s always funny time craigslist 1500 special with all accessories and free shipping (4000 ) drugs are bad for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What you have done is a Rustoleum restoration unless you prove otherwise. I don't see any up close pictures of the bed. What is even more comical is you act like what you did takes high level skills that many on here do not have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post old South Bend for sale:

PM response - Damn I'd love that; If only I was closer; will you ship? Perfect home shop machine!

Post old South Bend that's been painted:

PM response: You didn't post a video of it running while you had a bore-scope up your ass! Scammer! Loser! Fake rebuilder!

Wisconsin (from May to November); Florida (from November to May)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Daughty View Post
    So you got a bad experience when you purchased yours? Mine however is not nearly as worn as your toos was. The ways are in decent shape with very little play in the cross feeds. It makes me laugh when all people see and say is "just a new coat of paint." Because most people don't have the time, skill, or patience to complete disassemble, repair, or replace a machine like this.
    I did not complain of a bad experience when I purchased this lathe. I knew exactly what I was buying: A lathe to use with my hydraulic tracing attachment. With the described modifications, it fits my purposes beautifully. Your lathe is priced $2000 too much under any circumstances. You say that most people don't have the time, skill, or patience to completely disassemble, repair or replace a machine like this. You don't claim to have the machine shop skills to design and make new parts for your rebuilding projects, just disassemble, clean and paint.

I say BS. Iwananew10k has re-furbished South Bend lathes, and has sold them at a price that buyers were glad to pay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

he missed all the post from beckley23 on restoring lathes

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you want to sell something for top dollar look at the work member sidecar580 did on mills and the pictures he posted.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Louisiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I mean....come on.

Let the guy sell his machine. If you're not interested keep your opinion to yourself. If the God awful paint bugs you that much, buy it and repaint it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
    I mean....come on.

Let the guy sell his machine. If you're not interested keep your opinion to yourself. If the God awful paint bugs you that much, buy it and repaint it.

it's not about the paint is it ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Louisiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    it's not about the paint is it ?
    I buy, rebuild and then sell classic vehicles. I explain exactly what I've done, what I wanted to do and what I didn't get to do to any potential buyer. I always end up dealing with people telling me what I should have done and where they think I've gone wrong.

This is when I tell them that this vehicle belongs to me. If they don't like what I've done they have the option to buy and do what they want. That's when they walk away and I realize that they only wanted to complain.

So, you're right...it's not about the paint. If he wanted to paint it rainbow colors with glitter...that's HIS machine. He took the time to at least buy it, clean it, do some repairs and maybe make it better than he got it. This is something that we should all be grateful for. That's FAR better than having it rot in some scrapyard.

If the price is too high he won't sell it. His problem. If the paint is hard to swallow, he'll have trouble selling it. His problem. You want to give suggestions? Try to do it without an air of elitism. Try it without insults.

I'm not trying to start an argument here...it's just my worthless 2 cents.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This has SOLD!!!!