What's new
What's new

For sale 2 Quincy model 216 air compressors -

indianamoon

Aluminum
Machine shop is closed, liquidating, and almost empty. All machinery sold except the compressors.

First is the main compressor that powered the shop, a Quincy model 216, 2 hp single phase mounted on a tank. This is a fantastic quality compressor, definitely industrial grade, not walmart grade. I have owned this one for years and only had to resurface the valves a bit and replace gaskets and springs. This thing just runs and runs. Most compressors are splash lube with oil cups on the crankshaft, this one actually has an oil pump for pressure lube to the everything. Unloader works off oil pressure, so if the oil level falls a bit, the compressor will just free wheel, giving you a great indication that the oil needs topping up. Very heavy for it's size and I can no longer ship it, forklift is sold. DSCN2467.jpgDSCN2477.jpgDSCN2476.jpg

Second compressor was my backup, plumbed into the same tank as the one above. Same model 216. This one is three phase, no tank, same pump. Very low hours as it was the backup and only ran when the other one did not. Which was about never. This one is mounted to a baseplate and it is still bolted on the same skid it came in on. The pair would be a really nice setup with one as main, other as backup, and both using the same oil, air filter, parts, etc. Have some oil, spare parts, and manual. DSCN2478.jpgDSCN2482.jpg

I have seen bare pumps bring $1k on eBay, will take $795 complete for the first, $695 for the second, and $1250 for the pair. Please e-mail for more pics or information. These are really great compressors. [email protected]

Machine shop is closed, liquidating, and almost empty. All machinery sold except the compressors.

First is the main compressor that powered the shop, a Quincy model 216, 2 hp single phase mounted on a tank. This is a fantastic quality compressor, definitely industrial grade, not walmart grade. I have owned this one for years and only had to resurface the valves a bit and replace gaskets and springs. This thing just runs and runs. Most compressors are splash lube with oil cups on the crankshaft, this one actually has an oil pump for pressure lube to the everything. Unloader works off oil pressure, so if the oil level falls a bit, the compressor will just free wheel, giving you a great indication that the oil needs topping up. Very heavy for it's size and I can no longer ship it, forklift is sold. View attachment 300653View attachment 300654View attachment 300656

Second compressor was my backup, plumbed into the same tank as the one above. Same model 216. This one is three phase, no tank, same pump. Very low hours as it was the backup and only ran when the other one did not. Which was about never. This one is mounted to a baseplate and it is still bolted on the same skid it came in on. The pair would be a really nice setup with one as main, other as backup, and both using the same oil, air filter, parts, etc. Have some oil, spare parts, and manual. View attachment 300657View attachment 300658

I have seen bare pumps bring $1k on eBay, will take $795 complete for the first, $695 for the second, and $1250 for the pair. Please e-mail for more pics or information. These are really great compressors. [email protected]

No need for a totally new listing. You should simply add on to the end
of the first ad.

I see no difference with this advert:
Quincy 216 Dual Air Compressor setup with tank and controls

I have seen bare pumps bring $1k on eBay

Can you link to an example where a real early ROC 216 Quincy pump like yours sold for money like that? Even if it's one with continuous run unloaders or even a newer one with the filtered lube system?

I've never seen a quincy QR series before that didn't have an oil pressure unloader. Neat I guess. It's like a Ferrari with vinyl floormats.

Too bad you're so far away from Northern CA. I have a Quincy 216 as my home compressor. Running low RPM with a muffler on the input it's amazingly quiet. Having a second on base mount wouldn't break my heart... but there is that distance thing.

Someone local should take the twins home!

Building is leased and these are the only items left, feel free to make me an offer, they gotta go and there is no room in my living room for them...... Pat 574-292-0824

Back