What's new
What's new

For sale

coyotebgone

Aluminum
The learning curve is gonna take make time than I don't have.

For sale.

14x470 Powermatic, 3hp, speed control works, threading dial. everything works. Came from a high school vocational school. the only ding or wear in the ways is directly under the chuck. comes with 3 jaw chuck, live center and aloris tool post. 3 phase under power

May take decent 3 in 1 machine on trade. asking 3500.00

JTM 1 Milling machine. This came out of the same vocational school. This unit is really really nice. 3500.00 3 phase under power

a giant fork lift cost me a 100.00 to rent. if you want me to load the equipment.

also have bison type indexing head, never used 275.00

these are in bainbridge ga.

I simply don't have the knowledge to use this equipment.

The machinist that was helping me is not longer available.

Attachments

• mill.jpg
    mill.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 466
  • lathe.jpg
    lathe.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 406
Don't be so quick to let it go!

If you are still interested in machining, there are a lot of helpful folks for beginners at that "other" forum: Home Shop Machinist Forum, bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/

You'll regret giving those machines up sooner than you think if you stick with the hobby/trade (as I assume you will since you mention trading for a three-in-one). Honestly, the learning curve isn't as bad as it seems and there are plenty of knowledgeable, helpful folks out there.

Generally, I find the HSM forum to be low-key and better suited to beginners with common questions while the PM is great for more "advanced" questions. Many members frequent both sites, BTW.

Just my two cents...

you will not find better machines in a 3 in 1 lathe/mill it looks like you set them up really well if you have any problems with your larger machines you may find the same and more with a combination machines they are not advised even with the hobby market just my 2c

Coyotebegone,

You will run into a similar learning curve with a 3-in-1 with a difference.... it will be even more difficult to learn on a 3-in-1 than on your current machines. Not only do you have to figure out how to do the operations, which will be about the same for either setup, but you will also have to figure out how to "fit" the operations in to a 3-in-1 and constantly swapping stuff around. All the same challenges will be there with the addition of some really irritating limitations.

As has been repeated often on this forum... You can make small stuff on a big lathe (or mill) but you can't make big stuff on small lathe (or mill).

Keep what you have.

-DU-

Back