What's new
What's new

For Sale: Acramatic 2100

Owad

Plastic
For sale is the Acramatic 2100 described in this thread:

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/repairing-vickers-acramatic-2100-a-122376/

I haven't done anything with it since that discussion. I'm pretty sure the light machines board has an issue. I'm not sure if there's another issue with the computer or not. You're getting the Acramatic 2100 screen/front panel, the computer chassis with all boards, and the light machines interface board, all in the light machines chassis.

This was used in a lab and is in very good cosmetic condition. Photos soon.

Write to 'tom' at 'schnitz' dot 'com'.

Price is $1k. Unit is in south-central PA.

I pulled the Acramatic out. With power attached, it fired up and asked for a boot disk. In my notes from 2006 I said that the screen was dim, but it was quite bright today. I see there's a brightness knob on the inside of the unit, so I wonder if I adjusted that after my post.

Final pic shows the light machines board and the hard drive. It looks like I'd have to remove the CRT assembly to reinstall the hard drive. I'd prefer not to do that, but if it's really important to you, we could talk about it.

This unit has been stored indoors. First in the lab where I bought it, then in a spare bedroom.

IMG_2256.jpgIMG_2259.jpgIMG_2260.jpg

Back