What's new
What's new

For sale Airsep AS-80 oxygen generator

Diamond
Pressure swing adsorption oxygen generator, It uses the same process as the portable units advertised on TV for people who need supplementary oxygen. The columns contain Zeolite pellets that are very porous and so have large surface areas that preferentially adsorb nitrogen more than oxygen. When it is pressurized to about 45 PSI compressed air, most of the nitrogen will be held by the Zeolite and the free gas will be mostly oxygen. The oxygen is fed to a holding tank, the next fraction, which is oxygen rich, is used to partially pressurize the other column and the rest is vented to the outside air. The resultant output is about 90% oxygen, 80 cubic feet an hour, which works well with torches and since the only cost is for electricity to run a compressor and the unit’s valves, the cost of oxygen is a fraction of bottled.

I used the unit with oxy-propane torches silver brazing electrical contacts for the traction motors in locomotives. Besides the cost saving, it eliminated having to monitor the oxygen supply and predict the number of cylinders I would need between deliveries. I am no longer in that business, which is the only reason for selling the unit.

The life of the Zeolite is mainly a function of the cleanliness of the air fed to it. Water and oil will destroy the function of the Zeolite very quickly so a dryer and activated carbon filter are necessary. It comes with a carbon filter and both the Zeolite and carbon are new and a carbon refill is included. The oxygen analyzer shown is indicating the oxygen from this unit after replacing the Zeolite. The analyzer is not part of the sale. I found that mine had quit working and borrowed this one. The buyer can have the dysfunctional one and may be able to get it repaired. The gauges on top of the towers are not stock. I added them to monitor the cycles.

This is the second PSA generator I have owned, both bought on EBAY. When I received them, both were totally inoperational due to oil and moisture. This is an opportunity for someone to own one ready to go. Aside from some scratches, this one is in very good condition.

The manual for the AS series is here

http://files.chartindustries.com/AS-20 Thru AS-1000 Instruction Manual_MN011-1_rev.A_1202.pdf

A new comparable unit is about $5,500. This one is priced at $3000 FOB Webster Groves, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis.

I can mount the units on a pallet or load it on your truck if you pick it up.

I can be reached at 314-963-9997

Email [email protected]

Bill Plumpe AKA 9100

Airsep Set adjusted.jpgControl Box.jpgAS-80 Label.JPGOxygen Analyzer.jpg

Last edited:

Back