What's new
What's new

For Sale: Soiuth Bend Heavy 10 and tooling, Louisville, KY, USA $2,500 OBO

fciron

Stainless
Just what it says in the title. I'm selling it because I've moved up in size to a 13" Logan and the SB has been sitting in the middle of my shop in the way for long enough. (I wasn't sure I'd like the Logan, so I hemmed and hawed for months, then I realized the Logan is fine and I've been walking around the SB long enough)

$2,500 OBO South Bend Heavy 10 4-1'2 foot bed, 3 and 4 jaw chucks, tailstock chuck, centers, crazy tailstock drill pad like in the old books, import AXA toolpost and a bunch of holders, angle plate and center drilling/keyway fixture that fit in place of the compound.

Negotiable parts, four-way turret toolpost shown in the pictures, steady and follow rests (neither original SB), collet closer

Slight bed wear and general wear and tear since it's 50-some years old. Everything works as it should, it can still cut parallel within a thousandth. I can plug it in and run it for you, I can even put blocks under the feet and level the bed to cut whatever test you have in mind.

Located in Louisville, KY. There is a chain hoist outside my shop for loading.

contact [email protected]

I'm happy to talk on the phone, but the majority of phone calls I receive are spam, so email first and I'll give you my number and expect your call.

Pictures here: Shared album - Lewis Meyer - Google Photos

sb10.jpg

just sold something like that at about the same price . someone is going to get a nice set up . good luck with your sale don't think it will last long before it get snapped up

just sold something like that at about the same price . someone is going to get a nice set up . good luck with your sale don't think it will last long before it get snapped up

Yup, same here, just sold a logan, with allot of workholding.
Purchaser indicated the lever collet closer I put on it, the 5-c collet rack (from a SB)
and a set of brand new collets (chinese) and the AXA (copy) toolpost with holders along with 3 & 4 jaw chucks.
So fully tooled helps the sale.

Just what I've been looking for and reasonably priced.

Too bad it's so far away.

We have guys up here selling WWII vintage 9A's and a heavy 10 with so much bed wear you could hold a ruler up to the picture to measure it and they want over two grand.

Steve

Back