What's new
What's new

For Sale: Tree 1260

Hillside Fab

Cast Iron
This was PM member ewlsey's machine that he put quite a bit of work into:
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...ted/fs-tree-vmc-1260-machining-center-333340/

Machine still looks the same, I haven't done much to it other than replace the Z axis way cover. I think I clocked around 250 cutting hours.

I cant lift it, but I can help you roll it to a 42" hi dock door, or ground level door. The dock door works great for a tandem rollback wrecker to load out.

It's still a pretty decent machine, I want to make some room for a larger one.

$9,500, approx 1hr west of St. Louis.

PM me on here. Thanks!

Price is OBO

Current hours:

tree hours.jpg

Also, if you aren't on any schedule, we may be able to coordinate rigging with delivery of the larger machine.

Maybe I should add some more info on this machine.

If you can program with lines and arcs, rather than short line segments, I've had good success feeding up to about 120ipm with a 2" feed mill. I've also been able to push 2.5" spade drills at reduced feed rate - about .008 IPR. This machine runs 4" face mills just fine in 4140., and will interpolate holes within ~.001" roundness.

The only tolerance issue I've seen, and it might be my floor, is that it wont hold better than about .002 flat over the 50" X travel. It rocks a little at the extremes. You would never see this on parts held in a vise, but I'm doing larger plates mostly, and I really just need much larger travels.

I'll include a shop link flash usb to rs232 converter, which is almost mandatory, and I have all the parameters and macros backed up. I even wrote some macros for centering a block, centering a bore, and picking up edges.

Bump... can email pictures of parts this machine ran last week. Still doing a good job. Still under power, and you can come check it out. 1hr west of St Louis.

Back