What's new
What's new

*FOR SALE* Walker Turner 15 1/2" Vertical Band Saw

Should be easy to drag home....and the road rash will clean the thing up nicely on the long drive home...

Would be nice to know, if the OP is "pie in the sky" pricing or not now eh ?

let's give the Op the "benefit of the doubt"
The seller was local to me, so I decided to check it out. This was a couple weeks ago, so memory is a little foggy, but i believe the ask price was $750. After laying eyes on it, and realizing it'll need a lot of work, I was able to negotiate a fair price for it given its poor condition. I found the seller was willing to "listen to reason".

It wasn't quite rusted enough, so I currently have it stored outside under a cheap tarp to rectify this. It will be hauled into my workshop so I can work on it over the winter as time allows. It's a heavy saw for its size, made in the early 1950s.

Regards,
Steve W.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

The seller was local to me, so I decided to check it out. This was a couple weeks ago, so memory is a little foggy, but i believe the ask price was $750. After laying eyes on it, and realizing it'll need a lot of work, I was able to negotiate a fair price for it given its poor condition. I found the seller was willing to "listen to reason".

It wasn't quite rusted enough, so I currently have it stored outside under a cheap tarp to rectify this. It will be hauled into my workshop so I can work on it over the winter as time allows. It's a heavy saw for its size, made in the early 1950s.

Regards,
Steve W.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Blah, Blah, Blah....You two sworn to secrecy ?

How much ?

I bought mine ten years ago and happily paid $1200 for a ca 1944 (the Art Deco 16” model with cast base) with fresh rebuild- new paint, bearings and Carter guide set.
I have been shopping for a larger saw and think I might get $7-9 hundred for it now and the deal is sweetened by a fresh $180 Lenox carbide TriMaster blade on the saw.

So I paid about twice what the saw is worth just to save me futzing around with the saw.
There is something to be said for just plugging machines in and going to work..

Edit-

And these are decent saws- the gearbox works.
Here is mine chomping through a piece of 3/8” A36 hot rolled plate:

D58A6259-0D9B-4285-AE36-AA18237BE196.jpg

Last edited:

Back