What's new
What's new

Sanford SG-48 Surface Grinder, MPLS MN

dieselfitter

Plastic
Sanford SG-48 Surface Grinder $700
4" x 8" table travel with a 6" vertical wheel movement. It is a bench model but has a stand. It weighs165 lbs, has a small footprint and can be moved around easily. The machine is in good operating condition. The spindle bearings have no play and turn smoothly. It is powered by a 115 volt motor.
Included with grinder are toolmakers vise, spare belt, stand, diamond wheels and regular grinding wheels.
This machine is especially useful for sizing and dressing small parts, bearing spacers, chuck jaws, setup blocks...
Knife makers use these to make their blades flat and parallel.
With a spin fixture indexing fixture it is possible to sharpen end mills and c-bores.
Included are diamond wheels for sharpening carbide cutting tools.
With a universal collet/V block fixture it is possible to camshafts and crankshafts for miniature engines.
Tim 65l-983-433l
sg481.jpgsg482.jpgsg483.jpgsg484.jpg

just a quick heads up folks, some guys been trying to work out a "deal" with me, he used this posts description, no hes not the buyer, I called tim the seller here, my first clue to check said bad guy out was when he got suddenly confrontational when i asked for him to take a phone vid of the spindle running so i could listen for bearing issues..and asked for him to send photos of the crating before taking it to fastenal. he kinda got REALLY wonky. so be careful out there, theres someone pulling images and trying to scam people

just a quick heads up folks, some guys been trying to work out a "deal" with me, he used this posts description, no hes not the buyer, I called tim the seller here, my first clue to check said bad guy out was when he got suddenly confrontational when i asked for him to take a phone vid of the spindle running so i could listen for bearing issues..and asked for him to send photos of the crating before taking it to fastenal. he kinda got REALLY wonky. so be careful out there, theres someone pulling images and trying to scam people

Where did this take place? Here or on another forum or some social media site?

re:[take a phone vid of the spindle running so i could listen for bearing issues..]

Good for him, smart thinking...
But wait is it sold or not at this time..No to far for me but a nice looking machine.

Back