What's new
What's new

Sell Me A Shaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

morestainless

Cast Iron
I sold my Atlas 7B a few years ago, and I miss that granddaddy clock tick something awful. Now I have need of a bunch of fixtures/scraping accessories, so I can't hold out any longer. I started looking at 12" machines - Sheldon and Hendey namely. As heavy as the Hendey is, I decided I want real working mass and size - 20" or 20-24. 5000lbs/5hp max. I'm in Spokane WA and can pickup with 3/4 ton truck/flatbed within 700 miles or so. Motor freight is also an option for the right machine.

I already considered the G&E 20-24" shaper in the Portland area. Too much rust and no vise. I'd prefer something in good condition that I can use right away.

Whaddayagot?

There was a guy posting about a free big old steptoe shaper locates in Buckley, wa. Rusty but had a vice. PM me if you want contact info.

How about a really nice Rockford 16" ? I have one I used for spline work and its the nicest shaper I have seen in 35+ years of running them.. I also have a 36" Rockford planer I would like to sell .. I`m a hour west of seattle.

How about a really nice Rockford 16" ? I have one I used for spline work and its the nicest shaper I have seen in 35+ years of running them.. I also have a 36" Rockford planer I would like to sell .. I`m a hour west of seattle.

Thanks D.D. Machine. I assume it is hydraulic. As much as I can appreciate the capabilities of that design, I just can't deal with the sound they make. I love the sound of a mechanical shaper. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back