What's new
What's new

Sensitive Drill Press, High Speed Hammer Co.

sandiapaul

Titanium
Selling my High Speed Hammer drill. This thing is a heavy mother! Very nice drill press, it has what is essentially a brand new spindle and quill that I bought when the company was still in business(see the pic of the packing slip) It has probably drilled at most 50 holes. As you see I also bought a new belt at the same time, however that belt has taken a "set" and vibrates when running, you will want a new belt. McMaster sells the round belts you can melt together. It is 120Volt.

Please pick this up near Princeton, NJ, I could also bring to work in Piscataway, NJ if that helps. No need to get it right away either, I can hold it till you can pick it up.

$350.00, next stop is ebay.

contact me at: loco lima @ gmail

IMG_1502.jpgIMG_1503.jpgIMG_1500.jpg

I have one - a very nice piece of small high speed drilling machinery, rigid and near vibration free. Posted price is good with fresh spindle and quill.

Sandiapaul - did you ever find a use for the vertical plate at the LH edge of the table?

-Marty-

Last time I was in Riverview Surplus in Moline IL they had one on the floor. It looked rough from storage in an unheated building. The motor shaft turned and the spindle turned (by hand). The price was marked at $50. 309-797-9400. The owner is a good friend of mine and an honest man.

Marty's drill was my dad's, and I can confirm that it is heavy.

The manual or brochure for it is available online and lists it as 105 lbs, despite its small size.

Steve

Steve, I have always been grateful to you for that DP. Somebody really should pick up sandiapaul's.

Thanks. We are glad it found a home with someone who will use and appreciate it.

I have a Cameron, and while it's nice, it can't compete with the High Speed Hammer drill for working all day long without working up a sweat.

Steve

The High Speed Hammer Co. was here in Rochester. I remember driving by the place and every time I saw the sign I'd think, "Man, it sure must be loud in there." I think they might still exist with a different name.

I bought a Cameron years back but found it kind of...lacking.

Only so much you can do with a 1/7 hp motor. I found the going slow, but it's the only thing I have that can drill holes that small. That and I only paid $50 for it.

I could have kept dad's drill press, but I figured for the number of times I would actually need it, it would just be taking up bench space 99.44% of the time.

Steve

I have one of these that I restored and retrofitted with a VFD. It's been a few years since my last purchase from them, a replacement urethane drive belt, but the manufacturer is still around: Home. They were helpful back when I did my restoration. I can't compare to other makes, but I really like my press for small-hole drilling.

Chris

Back