What's new
What's new

Shaper for sale---Marketplace

I hope someone buys it soon. Hatfield is 5 minutes away and I don't have a shaper...or room for one.

Anyone have thoughts on the price. Does not seem too bad, but doesn't see like a real deal.

Looks to be fair size. For $450 who cares, its worth the gamble. Too bad I need my machines to make money cause word on the street is a shaper can make anything......except money

If I had the room and wasn't looking for another VMC I would be tempted to stick it in the corner and get rid of my little 8" toy shaper

I may be out of touch, but $450 seems like relatively low cost to me, for a machine that seems well-kept and isn't covered in 19 years worth of mouse droppings and pigeon poop. Has the look of about 6000 lbs of cast iron, so someone who has the room and equipment to move it, as well as the NEED for it, may get a good deal.

$450 is only a little more than I paid for my G&E 20/24 universal, but this one is in better shape and is more complete. It might be a bit newer too, maybe 50's vintage? I'm on the West coast, so prices may vary.

No room? That didn't stop me. Yes, it's still in storage, but I've got a shaper dad-gummit! [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On wheels... I hope the buyer asks to see it running, that will be entertaining. I had the same experience when I bought my power hacksaw — look out.

$450 seems good... can’t imagine it selling for less.

I'd guess at least 6,000#, probably more. ISTR my 16" universal weighed 4300#. I wouldn't trust the casters on those dollys to hold up to any sort of pebble on the floor. Better bar it down to solid rollers, no pipe.

On wheels... I hope the buyer asks to see it running, that will be entertaining. I had the same experience when I bought my power hacksaw — look out.

My thought exactly. With wheels under it, get that started on a job and point it towards the door and it will go out and deliver right to the customer down the block.

Looks to be fair size. For $450 who cares, its worth the gamble. Too bad I need my machines to make money cause word on the street is a shaper can make anything......except money

If I had the room and wasn't looking for another VMC I would be tempted to stick it in the corner and get rid of my little 8" toy shaper

Meh. I was in a Shop in Edmonton a few years back that was all CNC, clean, white painted floors, well lit, and had one big ol' shaper sitting in the middle of the room, looking way way out of place.

The guy I talked to, said the jobs that it did, nothing else would do, and the money it made, made it worth the space it was taking up on the floor.

Back