What's new
What's new

"Sharp" 1118H manual lathe for sale.

whamac

Aluminum
Sharp 1118H (Hardinge clone) precision manual toolroom lathe for sale.

Electronic variable spindle speed, Sony DRO, worklight, Aloris toolpost with 6-piece set of toolholders, and Bison 3-jaw adjustable 6" chuck.

Purchased new by me in 2007, it's been lightly-used and well-maintained in a one-man job shop.
Very low hours for its age.

Current new list price, from what I've seen, is $34K-$36K. I'm looking for $20K.

Let me know if you would like machine specs and/or additional photos.
Under power and available for inspection any time.

E-mail [email protected]

I'm getting out of the business after 34 years of running my one-man job shop.
I also have a Mitsubishi FA10 wire EDM, Hurco VM1 machining center, and Lagun FTV-2L manual mill; all in fantastic shape, and all with relatively low hours for their ages.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Sharp 1.jpg
    Sharp 1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 743
  • Sharp 2.jpg
    Sharp 2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 658
Let me be the first to say...that Sharp certainly looks sharp. You run a tight ship sir.:)

Stuart

Thank you! Six years in the Air Force maintaining fighters and bombers certainly stuck with me.
Great way for a young person to learn that things need to be done right, equipment needs to be maintained properly, and orderliness matters.

Damn, looks like you could eat off the floor.

That's the way I like it.
I've taken a lot of razzing over the years, from people who just can't understand why I would put away tools, clean the machine and sweep up after nearly every job.
Some even consider it a "sickness"; if so, then I should be at the ER cojnstantly.
It keeps my head straight, and makes it easier to maintain flow. I won't even get into feng shui and qi.. LOL

There a thread for that lagun?

Sorry! Not yet; I've been meaning to get to that.

I'll make a dedicated thread tomorrow; but for now, here are a couple photos and info:

FTV-2L mill.
Servo feed on X axis, Newall 2-axis DRO, power drawbar, 4" riser block, worklight, chipguard, set of collets, and Kurt D688 vise.

New in 2012, not even wired up for the first year (I had an older Lagun, and didn't sell it right away).
Then 95% of my work went away in 2017; so this machine really hasn't gotten a lot of use.

Looking for $13K.

[email protected]

Attachments

• Lagun 1.jpg
    Lagun 1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Lagun 2.jpg
    Lagun 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 279
Still for sale.

And I neglected to mention that it comes with a set of 1/16"-1 1/16" Hardinge collets and wall-mounted collet rack; plus a few squares, a couple hex, and several machinable collets.

Also a live center.

Attachments

• Hardinge collets.jpg
    Hardinge collets.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 106
I've never owned a forklift and don't have access to one. Loading costs are on the buyer.

Throw us a bone here.
If we rented a forklift, would we have access ?
Low height problems ?
Or is on a 3rd floor walkup loft arrangement ?

Throw us a bone here.
If we rented a forklift, would we have access ?
Low height problems ?
Or is on a 3rd floor walkup loft arrangement ?

Sorry; I should've thought of that.

Just inside the overhead door on the left; in and out, easy-peasy.

Plenty of ceiling height, no issues at all.

Attachments

• House & shop 2.jpg
    House & shop 2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 199
Wish I had that shop to house ratio!!
Jeff

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I utilize about 2/3 of the building for my shop; the rest is storage, lawn mowers, etc.

The building was built in the late 60's, to hold three large milk trucks; a simple open pole building.
I had a carpenter basically build a building inside my building, to turn the place into a nice shop.
I've been very comfortable in here for going on 28 years; time to hang it up now..

Back