What's new
What's new

Small machine shop liquidation

JP Machining

Stainless
A local friend that had a small machine/fabrication shop died unexpectedly a couple weeks ago. Trying to help them sell off some of the bigger items before it gets too cold and hard to heat the building with no income coming in.

We have not figured out any prices on things yet but would like to get his widow fair prices on everything. With that being said all reasonable offers considered. I can get more pics info of things if interested or if serious I'll get a phone number to talk with his brother.

He kept pretty good care of all his stuff and everything was running a few weeks ago, literally died mid sentence with no warning. There should be manuals for most everything, just of matter of if we can find them right away.

All items located in Rudolph WI. Larger machines will need to arrange a rigger to loadout.

Machining Items:
Hurco VM1 CNC machining center
Nardini Fast trace tool room/ teach lathe
Bridgeport mill with Cnc controller (right angle head to be sold separately)
Wilton tapping arm
Kalamazoo band saw
Dake Cold saw Tiger 350
Fabrication:
Miller 350P welder
Miller suitcase wire feeder
Miller high frequency arc starter
Rotary posistioner
Bender with dies
Small ironworker

View attachment 267690
View attachment 267692
View attachment 267691
View attachment 267693

I will try and update with prices as we figure some out.

Well, a few hours after I posted this stuff the family lost another member, so things have been put on hold for a week or so while they deal with that.

I have been looking around trying to get some pricing figured up. Looks like maybe 10,500 for the Nardini would be good, but I will have to run it past them to be %100 sure. That would probably be with a chuck or 2 and some toolholders.

Asking price and any info on the CNC Bridgeport would be appreciated. I have never heard of the controller in the picture. How long till the weather goes bad there? Looks like a 1,000 mile road trip for me. I am in Central Va, weather usually only gets nasty here Jan-Feb. Sorry to hear about two deaths in that family in a short time.

I used to have a Miller 350P like that. Welds as good as my XMT304 with 22 wire feeder and runs on single phase.

I have the same setup as the photo. The Millermatic Reach wire feeder was made by miller for the Millermatic 212, 252 and the 350 starting at the end of 2009 for only a couple of years. You could get it with a 6' cable or 25' cable. I have my 350P set up with a XR-Aluma-Pro push pull gun for aluminum and the Reach wire feeder set up for dual shield. You just have to pull the trigger on the gun you want to use and the 350P loads your settings. I also installed the dual cylinder rack. It is a very useful setup.

If you're looking for pricing we have a free tool to help you valuate it: CNC Machine Price Tool - Price Out Your Machines Free

Your free tool is useless as it is configured. To get an idea of value I need to know the MSRP of the machine? Your calculator simply takes the year of the machine, the MSRP, and calculates depreciation. What a worthless tool.

JP Machining, his calculator says your mid 90's Nardini with a $30k MSRP is now worth at the very most $1400. Let's use that price! I'll pick it up next week.

Hello JP,
I may be interested in the Kalamazoo. I am looking for parts for vintage P45 too..
Maybe you could PM or email me.
Thanks ,
Chad

Ok, Finally got back with the guys brother and got some more info and some pricing figured out. I will be going back this weekend and we will start sorting things out better with each machine etc

More pics to follow

All Prices are OBO. Will need a rigger to move the bigger machines, I am getting another lathe that he had so maybe we can split rigger fee as my schedule to move is flexible, or maybe we can get a few people there on same day and split rigger fee more ways. There is a 3500 lbs cap forklift on site but most all machines are too heavy for it.

--Hurco VM1 - $20k , Also have a transformer for this, I believe its a 240v - 208v will look into more.
--Nardini Fast trace lathe with 3 and 4 jaw chuck, steady rest, quick change tool post and some tool holders, Also has new in the box spare controller board - $10,500
--Bridgeport cnc mill, has a windows 98 based controller and manuals, called Servo II, brother thought it was EZ Trak but all I could find is Servo II. Control powers up, but I dont know enough about it to make it move. Manual table movement feels tight with very little to no backlash, will look this weekend but thinking it has ball screws on X and Y. Also has servo power feed on Knee up down and power drawbar. - $ not sure yet, dont know where to look, make me an offer
--Kalamazoo band saw - $3k
-- Dake Mep cold saw, Tiger 350 I believe its semi auto, will look into it some more this weekend - $4k
-- Wilton tapping arm with table, vise and all tap collets we can find for it - $2500
-- Rotary welding positioner - $2500
-- Phase Perfect DPC-30 phase converter- $3500 **This will have to stay till all big machines are sold so we can power them up for inspection.

PM me with any offers etc.

Back