What's new
What's new

South Bend 9A with accessories

Chriscosign

Plastic
LOCAL PICKUP IN TWINSBURG OHIO 44087 or local delivery (within 50 miles or so) for additional charge (You unload)

MAKE OFFER on entire lot OR just the lathe and desired accessories - PLEASE READ ENTIRE LISTING prior to making offer

Contact me with questions or to request more photos - PLEASE be specific with photo requests

VERY Nice South Bend 9A lathe manufactured during WW II Model 9A in great fully operating condition with extras

Un-restored, all original except for belts and wiring - belts have been replaced less than a year ago

Headstock belt is clipper laced leather, power cords were replaced a few years ago

See it on E-bay (Please disregard the inflated asking price on E-bay) South Bend 9 lathe with accessories South Bend 9A South Bend 9' Lathe | eBay

Cross slide backlash is less than a quarter turn

Ways are rust free, not chipped or marred and are in excellent condition, see photos

I bought this lathe about ten years ago in great condition, my shop is climate controlled and the lathe is still in great condition. Only used for odd and hobby jobs since I purchased it.

It has been properly cleaned and lubricated since I bought it, and I suspect it was prior to my owning it as well.

Included accessories:

Cushman 3 jaw chuck w/key

South Bend (Skinner) independent 4 jaw chuck w/key

South Bend Micro adjust steady rest

Original Thread dial

South Bend Collet set, bushing, spindle nut and draw bar

Original rotary four position carriage stop (not pictured) has homemade bottom clamping piece (the bottom part that the clamping bolt threads into)

Import wedge style quick change tool post with turning, facing, boring, knurling, and parting tool holders. (Cutting tools/bits not included)

Tail stock

Has original GE motor and drum switch.

On heavy duty homemade stand with leveling feet.

Lathe operates smooth and everything works as it should

Contact me if you only want the lathe, I am willing to sell the lathe without the accessories BUT I AM NOT WILLING TO SELL THE ACCESSORIES WITHOUT THE LATHE UNLESS THE LATHE ALONE IS ALREADY SOLD - I WILL NOT RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR ACCESSORIES ALONE

Feel free to e-mail [email protected], or call/text 216.214.5138

I WILL CONSIDER SELLING THE LATHE WITHOUT ALL OF THE ACCESSORIES THOUGH, LET ME KNOW WHAT ACCESSORIES YOU WANT WITH THE LATHE AND WE'LL SEE IF WE CAN STRIKE A DEAL

Attachments

• DSC_2997 (2).jpg
    DSC_2997 (2).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 20201227_120203.jpg
    20201227_120203.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC_3032 (2).jpg
    DSC_3032 (2).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_3029 (2).jpg
    DSC_3029 (2).jpg