What's new
What's new

Summit 14x40B

tailstock4

Cast Iron
Summit 14x40B Lathe

I bought this lathe new in 1999 for my home shop and that has been its only use. Condition is like new. It has a joystick with feed direction control and rapids in all four directions. Also has fully clutched headstock forward and reverse band break in middle position. There are no known issues with this machine. Reason for selling is to free up some space taken up by a machine I don’t use that much.

The following pictures are of the machine including a test bar to give some indication of condition. The machine comes with the following equipment:
  • KDK tool post with 1 holder
  • Live center and adapter
  • 8” 3-jaw chuck
  • Steady rest with rollers
  • Follow rest with rollers
  • DRO
  • Coolant tank & pump with skimmer
  • Toolbox with change gears
  • Assorted extras
It has an upgraded 5-hp Baldor Super E motor. This upgrade was in preparation to convert the machine to a VFD but I never got around to it.

Machine is under power and precision leveled.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to talk on the phone if that's easier...send me a PM with a number and I'll give you a call.

I'm in northeast Oklahoma. Free loading.

Price $8,400

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 373
More pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Summit_specs.jpg
    Summit_specs.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Summit_test bar level rear_0053.jpg
    Summit_test bar level rear_0053.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Summit_test bar level_front.jpg
    Summit_test bar level_front.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Summit_test bar.jpg
    Summit_test bar.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 134
I'll take it. The shipping will take a while, but looking forward to it's arrival!

The Summit lathe arrived today, and it is in incredible condition for a 20+ year old machine! I simply do not have enough good to say about tailstock4. Absolutely first class people. Would do business with him again without hesitation. Also, if anyone were to buy a machine in the Oklahoma City vicinity, and need it to be crated, Johnson Crating in OKC are total professionals. The crate was built better than many homes! For buying a machine site unseen, thousands of miles away, I couldn't have been more fortunate than to deal with the folks I dealt with. Kudos to Central Transport, who handled the OKC to Seattle truck transport, and Lynden Transport, who did the Seattle to Anchorage ocean freight. And finally to friend Ron, who handled the delivery, and machine placement from the port in Anchorage, to my home shop.
IMG_9135.jpg

Yep, freight is the price we pay for living at the end of the supply chain! It's had a few weeks to sit in it's spot and settle in. Adjusted the leveling feet and took some test cuts today, and it appears to have survived the 3700 mile trip in fine shape. Cut an unsupported bar of aluminum and the headstock alignment looks good. Couldn't measure a difference in the collars with my Mit digital calipers, so I passed it under a DTI on the surface plate, and there was three tenths difference at 6" apart. Tailstock was off just a tiny bit and tweaked it. Time to get used to it now, and make some chips.

IMG_9202.jpg

Back